Muggy entrance - Chapter 4

A team of two would walk down a dusty path, a large metallic gate loudly clanging shut behind them as they marched through a large open field with a formidable amount of structures. A group of six large and wooden poles would stick out from the ground with colorful paint on the very tops of them, some would closely resemble Totem poles as the duo passed by each pair. Silo would be easily distracted by the decorated structures, his eyes gluing onto the majority of the wooden decorations. "Wow, so many.", he would think aloud as he clumsily stumbled after every 7 or so steps. The powerful Goron, Feve, would continue behind the Human, Silo. A few beads of sweat would trail down the sides of his face as he tried to keep up with the young boy's unfathomable ability to speed-walk. "Heh- huff. H-Hey..! Slow down a little will ya? Us Goron may be powerful- but we have limits y'know!", He would cry aloud, seemingly begging for Silo to stop in his tracks and wait for the gravel skinned creature to catch up to him.
The boy, of course, was too distracted by the pencil-like structures implanted into the dirt of Termina Field. Lost in thought, he would trip over a thick stick that had fallen from a tree nearby. They were very close to the swamp now. Silo, the innocent Termina dwelling Human, would push himself onto his knees and crawl back to the useful branch. "Oh, by the Giants! Yes! It's perfect!", Silo would laugh as he firmly grasped the mighty twig in his hands, lifting it to the sky and humming a familiar melody. Feve, arriving with hardly any stamina to continue, would collapse onto a large boulder on the side of the dusty pathway. "Boy... I am hungry...", he would mutter beneath his breath as he slammed his elbow into the solid rock, breaking a piece off and stuffing it into his mouth whole. He would crunch loudly as he scarfed the pumpkin sized shard of stone down in mere moments, his energy slowly returning to him once again. "Ugh-!", he would sigh, another bead of sweat rolling down his face. "That hit the spot! Say, kiddo, what do you ha-", he would be interrupted by the sound of snapping twigs. His question answered by an obnoxious noise. "Behold, Feve!!", Silo would scream in Feve's ear, holding an extremely thick branch with a string tightly tied around it on both ends. "It's a STICK, Feve. A STICK!!", He would bellow from his vocals once again, Feve's ears now beginning to ring endlessly. "A stick!? Really, Silo!!?", Feve would shout angrily as he practically threw himself onto his feet.

"W-What? Is there something /wrong/ with this stick?", Silo would query with sarcasm as he signaled a single index finger to his only path of self defense. Feve, being annoyed at the matter, would begin to mutter mean things under his breath. His red eyes would lower with discontent as he angled his body in the direction of the Termina Swamp and continued his journey once again. "Come on, kiddo. There's a big chance your father is in the area, just keep your eyes peeled!", he would speak in the nicest tone he could muster at the moment as he resisted the urge to kick the little scamp back over the town gate.

"Y-Yes!", Silo would exclaim, a change in gears with his attitude as he quickly scurried behind the stone consuming creature. A cloud of dust would kick up behind the scarfed child as he made a small distance between him and Feve. The ambience of crows cawing, crickets chirping, and frogs croaking would distract the ears of the young boy as he slowly kept pace behind the Goron. He would blink a few times as his imagination had begun to run wild; he had never been in the swamp before, making him naturally afraid of the unknown. He would imagine swampy monsters killing Feve, his only means of mortal protection, and attempting to eat them both. His footsteps would begin to slow, a sudden switch in moods as he scratched the back of his head and came to a complete stop just outside of the swamp's vine-covered entrance. "Feve-", he would speak timidly, his fear disallowing him to take any action. Goosebumps would run across his skin as he clenched his fists as tightly as possible. "-what if we don't make it out..?"

Feve would stop suddenly as he noticed Silo's change in pace. He would turn his head over his shoulder and give a concerned look as a temporary response. The young Human would sit and stare back as his legs had begun to quiver in dread, a sense of doubt falling over him as his mind paced rapidly about the thought of dying. "What if the... lady back in the square was lying and we... were...", he would stutter as he tapped his index fingers together, palms perpendicular to one another and pressed tightly due to the experience of stress. Feve would waddle over to the small boy and get down on a single knee, he would curl his index finger and carefully place it beneath the youth's chin. "Why are you so afraid when i'm here supporting you 100% of the way..?", Feve would attempt to encourage the fragile boy as he spoke in a soft monotone. "Have you any what you Humans are capable of? Your race is currently in a war with the Hylian race, and they're capable of some serious firepower, kiddo!", the Goron would attempt to persuade Silo into mustering the courage to continue down the pathway. The young boy would timidly smile back, his courage appearing to slowly revitalize by the second. "A war... with the what? Hylians? What are they capable of?"

Feve would seem to mentally stumble, his eyes locking on to Silo's peers as he stared with an awkward expression. "Well... er- if you're curious.", he would give in, a simple shrug at the question as he smiled brightly down onto the curious child. "... The Hylians major in telekinetic combat. They can use magic and psychological abilities to fight, and your race is currently winning the last i've heard!", The Goron would speak with masked excitement as he continued his relentless attempt at getting Silo to enter the swamps. Suprisingly enough, the boy had jumped up with doubled up fists, a determined smile, and fiery eyes. He would throw his measly stringed stick around his body like a sheath and blade and tuck his scarf around his neck. His tongue would peek out from between his pink lips as his feet began to circuit rapidly, the sound of a razor would begin to emit from the friction between Silo's leather strapped sandals and the rather hardened ground below. "Let's see you grab my scarf this time, Feve!!", Silo would taunt before rocketing off into the marsh, a path of dust kicking up behind himself as he traversed mere miles in seconds. "-Oh, that boy. So unpredictable...", the brick skinned creature would grumble as he slowly began to waddle in the same direction Silo zipped off to.