Chapter Twenty-two

Start from the beginning

“Come on you have to help me with the pack to try and calm them down.” He was avoiding the question I asked.

“Okay I will but you avoided my question.” I argued and he was silent again.

“We need to talk about it later Lauren. Here is not the place for it.” He whispered to me as pack members walked through the foyer and towards the west wing. I stopped and looked up at Kent.

“Why not? What’s wrong with talking about it now?”

“The problem is with people over hearing us.” I glanced around at the members moving towards the west wing and I looked up at Kent.

“If it’s about Isaac you have to tell me.”

“Lauren I can’t-“ I glared at him.

“I demand you to tell me what happened to Isaac.” I watched him as if he was fighting a battle inside before dragging me over towards a small corner.

“Lauren I tried to help him. I really did-“

“Wait. Start from the beginning. I don’t want you to beat around the bush.” He sighed and ran his hand through his short hair.

“Okay. Well, one of the younger of the pack warriors was in a bit of trouble when he was trying to take down a rogue so Isaac took down the rogue for him, or tried to so that the young boy could get away. Unfortunately in the matter of seconds he was surrounded by rogues and two vampires. I don’t know what the vampires were saying but they said something to him and then they all attacked him at once. I wanted to help him but he told me, along with the rest of the pack, to return back to the pack house. H-he didn’t come back and…” He trailed off not wanting to say the words that I dreaded to hear.

Then as if someone flicked on a light it all clicked into place. The pain, my wolf talking to me again and Kent coming to get me. My mate was dead. Tears started to fill my eyes as I shook my head at Kent.

“You’re lying.” I told him jabbing a finger at his chest. “Why are you lying to me? Why?”

“Lauren I’m not lying to you. I wouldn’t lie about something like this. Isaac is gone Lauren. I’m sorry and-“

“No. He’s not gone. I would of known and-“ I finally broke down leaning against the wall for support but slowly sliding down it to sit on the floor.

“Lauren. Stop. You have to snap out of it. Your pack needs you.” I didn’t respond as I continued to sob into my hands. “Your pack needs you Lauren. They just lost their alpha-“

“And I lost my mate. Do you really expect me to go out there and tell them that my mate is dead? You’re a selfish man Kent.”

“You can’t bring him back-“ A howl erupted from the forest and something clicked. My mates killers are out there and they need to pay for the pain they put him through. For one in a long time I could feel my wolf begging, no, demanding she be let free and I let her. “Lauren, stop.” I could hear Kent say from in the distance.

 I could feel the bone in my back start to crack and reshape into another form as a growl left my throat. I stared at my hands as they started to grow white fur and retake the form of paws.

I bit down a scream as I leant forward so that my back legs could take the form of a wolf. Then as quickly as it came it stopped. The sound of panting came out of my mouth and my tongue rolled over my sharp teeth. My eyes travelled up to Kent where he had pushed himself up against the wall.

“Lauren.” He called out “You need to change back before the rest of the pack sees you-“ My wolf let out a growl at him and took a small step towards him. I could see him suck in a breath and fear travelled through his eyes and washed over his face before I caught the glint of the window in my right eye. Glancing over at it I saw the reflection of a wolf. The eyes blazed red like blood and a black stripe followed from the top of my nose, over my back and to the tip of my tail which faded into a grey until it was white down at my feet. Almost like I had been contaminated by darkness as it tried to take over me.

A howl of victory sounded outside and my wolf instantly snapped to attention taring my site from the wolf. They were still here and my wolf knew it. I could feel the claws extend in my paws and the hair on my back start to stand up on edge before she took off towards the forest.

Looking through my wolves head was like looking into a nightmare. She was insane. The images and thoughts going through her mind made me want to make her stop and forget everything but then Isaac entered my mind and I silently wept.

The first vampire came into view and one thought was going for her mind.

‘Kill him’.

She was out to kill every single one of them.

She was blood thirsty.

TADA. I hope you liked the last chapter chapter. There will be an epilogue up in a few days and it's all done in third person to make it more dramatic. Anyway I really hope you enjoyed this chapter

Vote, Comment Fan