Chapter 5 - A Match Made In Asgard

Loki opened his eyes and saw that the jewels were no longer sparkling as brightly as they had been before. How long have I been asleep? he wondered to himself. He tried to sit up, but that was when he noticed Angrboða laying on him. He carefully relaxed again, and watched her closely. Her golden locks covered his abdomen and her one hand was on his hip. Loki wondered how he could have fallen asleep so suddenly like that. They must have been asleep for hours. At least, that was what his back was telling him. Loki carefully bent down, and his lips touched the top of her head. "I think it's time we return to the palace," he whispered. Angrboða sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. When she saw Loki looking at her with an amused smile on his face, she gasped.

"How long were we asleep?" she queried, trying to fix her hair.

"I have no idea. Hours," Loki responded as he stood up and cracked his back. He then extended his hand to Angrboða and she took it. Loki helped her to her feet and swept her into his arms again. He breathed on the fire and froze it, before leaving.

"Your magic is powerful. Who taught you how to use that?" she asked.

"My mother teaches me when she can. But, I practice frequently when I'm alone," Loki told her as they began to walk back to the palace. Angrboða stroked his cheek and Loki looked at her.

"I believe you have so much potential Loki. Keep practicing the magic," Angrboða told him. Loki had never been praised for his magical efforts. He blushed a little when she told him that. Angrboða gave him a gentle squeeze and kissed him on the cheek.

"Your highness! Loki! Angrboða! Where are you?!" asked a loud voice they both recognized as Fandral's.

"I hope we find them soon. I'm starving!" Volstagg exclaimed loudly.

"Well then you'd better get your ponderous ass over here and find us!" Loki taunted as they made their way towards their voices. Soon, the Warriors Three immerged from the foliage, leading Loki's and Angrboða's horses.

"There you are!" Fandral exclaimed. Loki smirked and put Angrboða on the back of Magister. Hogun gently held her arm as Loki mounted Vanadium. He stroked his horse's neck before kicking him in the ribs. They rode back towards the palace.

"Loki! Angrboða! We are so glad that you are safe and sound!" Frigga said when they were escorted into the throne room. Lord Arzaan walked over to his daughter, while Frigga gave Loki a hug. She ran her fingers through Loki's tousled black hair and he caught her hand. He kissed it, before turning to Thor. Thor hugged him, and then Odin did.

"What happened with that storm? That was some blizzard that hit us," Loki said he gladly accepted a fur blanket from a servant. Another was brought for Angrboða and Lord Arzaan covered her with it.

"It was merely a diplomatic party of Frost Giants, seeking an audience with me. Nothing more," Odin responded as he sat back on the throne.

"What would the Frost Giants want?" Lord Arzaan asked suspiciously. Loki heard something catch in his voice when he mentioned them, and he raised his eyebrow slighly.

"They were sent by Prince Giamarr, asking us if we had given sanctuary to King Laufey's banished son, his brother, Helbindi," Odin said.

"Why on earth would he give a Frost Giant sanctuary?!" Thor asked indignantly. Frigga glanced quickly at Odin, who shook his head.

"It was a valid question Thor. From what my spies have told me, Prince Helbindi defied a direct order from his father during the war, and for it, he was banished. He never came to us for aid, but I heard the dwarves of Nidavellir offered him sanctuary for a time. He only recently left," Odin said.

"Where did he go, if you have such good information?" Arzaan asked.

"I will not say where. I fear that Laufey will try to kill him," Odin said.

"Why care?! One less Frost Giant to worry about," Thor muttered.

"Because he is the All-Father! Everyone and everything in the Nine Realms is subject to him. I'm sure that this Helbindi did nothing so bad that he deserves to be hunted down," Loki responded brusquely. Thor frowned but Loki scowled as well.

"Enough!" Odin said and both his sons looked away from each other. "Anyway, I have an important question to ask Angrboða," Odin announced and the lady stepped forward. She was standing in between Loki and Thor, looking up at the All-Father. "Lady Angrboða, you were brought here because you're father desired to marry you to my son, Thor. But, I believe your interests tend in another direction." Angrboða nodded and glanced shyly at Loki. Lord Arzaan began to splutter, but Odin raised his hand and he was silenced. "Do you want to marry my son, Loki?" he asked her.

"All-Father, it is what I desire above all else," Angrboða responded. She walked over to Loki and took his hand. He just looked at her, happiness obvious all over his handsome face.

"Then, I will not stand in your way. Lord Arzaan, your daughter will marry an Asgardian prince, just not Thor. She will marry Loki!" Odin proclaimed. Frigga embraced the both of them and kissed both their cheeks. Thor shook Loki's hand and gave Angrboða a hug. Lord Arzaan finally walked up to them.

"Only the best for you, I hope," he told them. He gave Angrboða a kiss and extended his hand towards Loki. Loki took it, but he noticed that his grip was off. Odin nodded when they had shaken. Loki then looked back at Angrboða and forgot everything else. He was getting married to her!

Angrboða removed her silk bathrobe and climbed into the golden bath. She nodded to the maid and the girl left. As soon as she was gone, Angrboða breathed on the water, and it cooled down to a comfortable temperature instantly. She let the bubbles come around her neck and decollete and she closed her eyes. Suddenly, her door burst open and Angrboða sat up. She looked back and saw Lord Arzaan entering. "Even though you are my 'father,' you can't just barge into my private chambers like that. And you won't be doing that at all when I marry Loki," she told him coldly.

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about! You were supposed to marry Thor!" Arzaan hissed.

"I'm still marrying an Asgardian prince, so you will still get your vengeance. Just as long as I married an Asgardian royal, you can have your revenge on Odin," Angrboða said dismissively, hiding her real feelings towards the unfortunate family.

"But I wanted to hurt Thor! He's obviously Odin's favorite son! And he will be the king when Odin is gone! It will be a deep wound to injure Thor!" Arzaan said, coming up behind her. Angrboða slid to the other side of the tub, not wanting her back to him.

"What's wrong with Loki? He's still a prince, he's still a royal, he's still an Asgardian! Although, the cold of that snow storm did not bother him like it would have most people," Angrboða said, the last part more to herself. Lord Arzaan heard that and he glanced up at her.

"What are you saying?" he asked her.

"He was not shivering. He seemed fine. Even when we were in that cold cave, when he gave up his coat, he was very normal," Angrboða said. Arzaan stood up straight and began to mutter to himself. "What are you on about?!" Angrboða queried in an irritated tone of voice.

"You're a Frost Giant! You tell me!" he demanded.

"Keep your voice down, or your plan will be ruined!" Angrboða warned as he skin turned blue and her eyes went red. She leaned back in the tub and looked away from him. "Get out. I don't want to talk to you, and when Loki and I are man and wife, I will no longer be servicing you." Arzaan smirked a little and gave her a bow before leaving. Angrboða's lip trembled and as soon as he left, she buried her face in her hands and cried.