The Devil And Dancing

»Sometimes I'm terrified

                                         of my heart; of its constant

                                          hunger for whatever it is

                                  it wants. The way it stops and starts

                                                 Edgar Allan Poe

I felt the rhythm of his heart; even if he denied its existence.

Lucifer was strange, even for a demon. He was not a liar, but he was a trickster. And silence was his favourite weapon.

I wondered what made his eyes red. Was it the hell flames? The blood of everyone's life he took? Was it the evil that resided within him? Shades of red constantly changed their colour, just like the burning fire. Although I couldn't see them that very moment, I knew they were hiding beneath.

»Sometimes I feel like you're a story, and I'm your narrator. Because you don't talk much.« I said as we danced in the flickering candle lights.

His hands guided me, demanding movements to which my body was not accustomed to. »You talk too much. You ask too much.«

»I thought you liked that about humans. Curiosity.« I took pleasure in my capability of inviting a faint smile in the corner of his lips.

»Hunger for knowledge and curiosity are two, very different things.« Everyone stared at us. Perhaps they truly did not recognize their Prince, but I'm sure they felt something. At least, intimidated by the strangers presence.

»Can't have one without the other.«

»My, my,« Lucifer spoke with a husky voice. »just a few weeks ago you trembled in my arms.« His fingertips followed the trail of my collarbones, all the way to the mark his lips made at our first encounter. It was strangely savoring, the way those chapped fingers spelled his name across my skin. »Do you not fear me anymore?« He asked with amusement.

»No.« The truth is, I was terrified. And excited at the same time.

We spun so fast it almost took my breath away. He leaned in closer and whispered. »Liar, liar, panties on fire.«

I took another look at his already smirking expression. »I don't want to be afraid. What should I be afraid of anyway?« My heart gave me away, even if I demanded silence.

»Eternal damnation.« Lucifer murmured.

»I'm already damned. Quite eternally, I believe. What else have you got?«

»I am the most wicked thing that ever existed.«

»Exaggerated.«

»I will steal your soul.«

»Why not? My soul and heart are a complete set, and you've already got one of them.«

Those words left him speechless, but not because of the sudden surprise, but because they dared to leave my mouth. »I know.« He said after a few seconds of silence.

My gaze moved smoothly, penetrating his lips. Lips that broke your heart.

He held me tighter, and I began to melt like soft cotton candy on the tip of one's tongue. »Be careful,« Lucifer spoke softly as I stood on tips of my toes, shortening the distance between us. »you might burn yourself, Luxuria.«

I licked my lips, awaiting to quench the thirst for his. »Trickster,« My kiss crashed into him, setting fire to everything. Every thought, every memory, every desire. It was just an old fashioned kiss, yet it tasted painfully good. Even if everything around us vanished in flames, I wouldn't notice. Even if the World burned down.

»You are a remarkable little thing,« He smiled.

Lucifer saw through me and now, I saw through him. I found pieces of myself in him, I found pieces I despised, pieces I was terrified of...He wasn't beautiful to me because he was perfect, but because his imperfections made him human. Speaking in code, half-assed compliments and constant presence of demonic were what made him, well, him. Without them he'd be someone else. And if he were someone else, would I love him?

I found myself dancing without knowing how, with my head resting on his chest. The night went by in seconds, despite all conversations we had, I kept on coming back to that kiss. That was all I was able to think about. One stupid kiss.

Soon the lights faded out, demons returned under Nyx's cloak, and the fairy tale ended. Though, not at midnight.

Dreams were sipping into my mind, speaking of Neverland. I tried to stay awake, but his strong arms invited darkness that kept me safe. I was safely tucked into a very soft bed, and the faint scent of burnt out candle and jasmine flowers placed me under a spell.

Author's note: Sorry for such short chapter, but I'm really tired and it's really late...But I will update Thursday, so no need to worry, you'll get enough of the Devil this week ;)