The Devil And Cupid's Bow

»Chaos is

                                                       An angel

                                                      Who fell in

                                                          Love

                                                         With a

                                                       Demon

                                         Christopher Poindexter

Kissing him was like breathing in stardust; his sweltering lips were not those of a demon, but rather those of a man who craved for something mortal, something divine in its own transience.

He traced the tips of his fingers across the dimples at the bottom of my spine; leaving behind an unwritten melody in their echoes.

His hands followed the trail of my collarbones; as if to catch the shadows created by the dying flames, which dared to dance on my skin.

In that kiss I found serendipity; something enchanting without looking for it.

Luc let go of my lips, leaving them parched for more, and allowing his to crash onto my neck. He held me closer, shortening the distance between us, creating mouthwatering silent moments that needn't words. The touch of his hot breath on my cold skin sent shivers through my bones.

Somehow we found ourselves on that 18th century bed of his. His lips stalked the heartbeat beneath my flesh, moving across my throat, following the faint river of veins, all the way to my soft chest. He pierced my skin with his scent, drenched me with the spicy fragrance that carried a hint of musk.

I bit the tender inside of my palm almost too harshly, leaving a distinctive mark of my uneven teeth. Luc noticed the hunger in my quivering lips; he gently pressed one of his fingers on them as if to calm them down.

The red had long fainted from his gaze.

»Do you know what is this called?« He spoke softly, caressing the tiny space on my upper lip.

»No.« I breathed out, almost whispered.

Lucifer's windswept hair gave in the gravity. »A cupid's bow.«

I traced my fingers on the edge of his jawline, feeling that slight stubble beneath.

»I will kiss you on the cupid's bow

It will snap like a spine of love

Placing arrows in the hungered meat

If only your lips allow

Your lips and Your cupid's bow

He sang with a slightly croaky tone and a seductive melody.

»What's the name of the song? I've never heard it before.«

»That is because I composed it.«

»Oh.« I blinked and looked utterly surprised. So the Devil's one and true love was; music. »Maybe one day I can write the lyrics and you can compose the music.«