"And they were in your belly?" Jessie questions.

"Yes, they were. That's where they grew and kept warm before they were ready to come out and see everyone." Stevie smiles leaning back against the couch.

"Well, I'm glad they're here now." Jessie grins toddling away from her Aunt.

"Oh My Stevie, they're so cute. They both look like you." Ruth gasps gently taking Teagan out of Annabelle's arms.

"They do. Teagan looks almost exactly like Stevie." Lindsey agrees leaning over his mom and brushing his finger across Teagan's cheek.

"Emmory has Lindsey's curls." Stevie defends taking the sleeping baby out of the carrier. Violating her own rules because frankly she just wanted to snuggle one of her babies. Everyone knew that just by looking at the pout on her face as she tucked the baby close to her chest.

"Those are beautiful names Teedee, where did you come up with them?" Jess questions.

"Well, Teagan is our little blondie. She's Teagan Marie Buckingham. Teagan means poet. I found the name in a baby book that I was looking at with Lori. Emmory Jayde, however, came from Annabelle." Stevie explains gently rocking the baby in her arms.

***

At four thirty in the morning, Stevie was cursing her decision to not breastfeed as she was currently shaking two formula filled baby bottles making her way up the stairs where Lindsey had two screaming babies laid out on the bed. If she had breastfed she would be still laying in bed doing minimal work.

"Alright, momma is coming," Stevie says walking into the room.

"I wish you would've breastfed." Lindsey whines scrubbing his hands across his face, as the babies wail on the bed.

"It wouldn't have been fair, because I didn't breastfeed Annabelle." Stevie shakes her head handing Emmory to Lindsey and taking Teagan into her arms feeding her.

"Steph, I honestly don't think It would've matter. Annabelle can't remember anything, and these babies won't either." Lindsey groans feeding Emmory.

"Seriously Lindsey let's just drop it please." Stevie whines.

"I'm sorry I'm just tired." Lindsey groans.

"You're tired...You're tired." Stevie looks at him.

"Yes, I'm tired. While you've been sleeping in a bed, I have been trying to sleep in a chair." Lindsey hisses.

"Right, but did you push two watermelons out of your private parts...I think not." Stevie growls.

Sensing her mother's anger and distress Teagan takes her mouth from the bottle and starts to whimper.

"I'm sorry my sweet little poet." Stevie sighs looking down at the baby and calming herself so the baby continues eating properly.

***

By the time three weeks pass, the Buckingham family immerses themselves in a routine. Stevie sleeps when the babies sleep, but she's also up and coherent when Annabelle has to get ready for school. Coffee is something she can finally tolerate again and she has been living off of it since the babies were born.

Stevie had one baby, Emmory, pressed to her front wrapped in a baby wrap, wide blue eyes staring up at her. The other, Teagan, was sleeping in a Moses basket sleeping soundly. She was doing the dishes, multitasking had been a thing that came back to her when the babies were born. The landline rang and she quickly dried her hands on the towel thrown over her shoulder to answer it.