I walk into my room, being greeted by my roommate and his friend who's sitting playing 2k. They both look back at me asking if I'm okay.

"Ye-yeah I just got caught in the rain" I smile as my voice cracks and my roommate gives me a "bullshit" look before continuing their game. I take my phone out of my pocket seeing I have 12 texts from HIM and 8 missed calls. I dry my phone off before I plug it up and start taking my boots and jacket off putting them near the front door.

I grab clean clothes and my speaker putting them in the bathroom turning the water on to just so I can wash the hurt away. I open my laptop, shuffling my iTunes as the music begins to play in the bathroom.

I walk into the steam filled bathroom shutting the door behind me as I just break down and cry. I didn't get a chance to take my clothes off, I just sat against the bathroom door silently crying.

-

"Do you need help with that box?"

"No I got it" I say looking up at this boy standing in front of me. I almost drop it as he catches it, taking it from me.

"You sure?" He smiles

I picked up my duffle bags and walk into the building. "I stay on the second floor" I say looking back at him as he nods his head telling me to keep walking.

We walk into my room sitting my stuff down on the unmade bed and empty desk as he looks around.

"Freshman huh?"

"Yeah", I say playing with the rings on my hand.

"Do you have a roommate?"

"Yeah, he didn't come yet" I say looking at him as he nods his head about to say something else as my parents walk in.

"Donny" my mom speaks looking between us as they bring the rest of my stuff in,
"Hello" my mom says looking at him

"Oh this is-" I start before he cuts me off.

"Isaiah" He says shaking both my parents hands. "I'm on the basketball team, we are student volunteers for move in days, I was just helping him bring his stuff up" he says as my parents thank him and he walks out the room. I look past them, at him as he nods his head smiling before he walks off down the hall.

-

I'm showering in a dazed state, until I feel the water begin to run cold. I reach forward and cut it off, looking at the soap circle the drain and I step out the shower thinking about that day I first met HIM.

I hear his voice as goosebumps cover my body, "Do you need help with that box?"
I should have snatched it out of his hands and told him no, maybe then I wouldn't be feeling like my heart was snatched out of my body.

I grab my towel, drying myself as I feel the anger of being played rush through me. I aggressively begin putting my clothes on powering down my speaker, and putting on some face cream before walking back into the room. My roommate and his friend look at me before he speaks  "Yo, you good Don?"

I shake my head yes as his friend laughs saying "you always take over an hour in your showers?" I chuckle just climbing in my bed looking at all the notifications I have before I turn my phone off.