//Eleven

Minjoo Pov

Night has came and of course the day was exhausting, not surprised anymore. But the times I talked to Chaewon can easily be counted by the fingers. It's not like I expect her to talk to after what I said to her but still-- this doesn't feel right.

I can't sleep again, these sleepless nights that passed. Thoughts that are haunting me even in my unconsciousness, even in a second of closing my eyes this is bad. By this rate I'll end up exhausted tomorrow morning, I won't be able to match along with them.

Maybe I should go out for a minute? Since I believe that no one would be awake at this kind of time, 2 am? If ever there would one, it'll be sure it's a vampire or some kind of monster lurking in midnight preying for human organs.

Oh my god creepy what am I thinking this is not helping me get sleep.

Slowly opening the door hoping it wont wake anyone up it was a success, I made my exit without being noticed by my neighbor.

"Chaewon?" I felt my soul rising up to the mighty above bidding it's goodbye. Why of all the people I can encounter why does it have to be her? Just how small our world is?

She seems startled as well. "Minjoo? why do we always cross paths in odd times like this one-- meeting in a terrace at 2am? Are we going to elope or what? "You're going in already? you just came out."

I didn't notice that my own feet took steps away from her, I just want to distance myself from her. A while back I was thinking on how many times we only talked and now we're all alone. "I suddenly felt out of shape."

"Ae you sick?" she stood up from her place and made her way to me, laying her palm on my forehead checking for my temperature. Too caring, too close, too much--

With me knowing that I could feel the brightness on my cheeks I gently turned down her hand and looked away. Why am I feeling embarrassed, flustered, I wonder why. "No." I refused and coughed. "I'll get going first."

I guess I'm sick for real.

"I see." she nodded and watched after me making sure I'll get back without fainting? I don't know, who knows why she's looking at me like that. 

Like she wants me to stay with her..

"I thought you're going in?" 

Easily passed major and minor exams but failed to reject Chaewon in a simple request. But who can could even deny such thing it was the most precious look I've ever seen.

Her fingers fidgeting, her eyes refusing to catch mine, and her tone that would bless anyone. "I just feel like staying." I reasoned out and remained still on my place. Admiring how beautiful the view is, how satisfying it is to look up at the moon. And how calming it is to watch her from a distance, like the old times.

"Why don't you sit?" she turned her attention and tapped the vacant space beside her. 

Simply shaking my head as my answer I added it with a smile, a plain one. "Same old Chaewon." I mumbled and heaved a sigh of satisfaction.

I don't but I somehow feel happy, like the same feeling I had when she was avoiding me and then she talked to me, telling me to rest myself. I guess the memory of us is still fresh.

"Sorry." I cracked up from my imagination, stopping me from remembering all the about the past experience I had, with her.

She already said that when we were in the car, and now she's at it again. "Pardon?" is it because she thinks I still haven't forgave her? Since the day she arrived I've already forgotten behind us. Not because I don't treasure it anymore, but because it won't help me in my current life.