Chapter 2

"Hello, I'm Liz Hemmings and this is my husband Andrew Hemmings, thank you for coming!" A extremely nice blonde woman greeted us at the door.

"Hi Liz, Andrew, it's nice to meet you guys, welcome to the neighborhood, I hope you guys love it!" My mom exclaimed, "I'm Elizabeth, call me Beth, this is my husband, James and this is our daughter Carter!" Mom introduced us.

After a few minutes of greeting each other at the door, Liz invited us in to her home, I could see out side there were many more people than I had expected seeing that they had just moved in, my thoughts were interrupted by 2 boys, looking a few years older than me coming down the stairs.

"Oh great! Ben, Jack, come down and meet the neighbors!" Liz exclaimed. "This is Ben, and Jack, they our sons, Ben is 19 and Jack is 18." Liz informed us.

"Hey, what's your name?" Ben asked me with a smile on his face. "Oh, hey, I'm Carter, I live next door, I'm 15." I smiled back at him. "Well, it's nice to meet you Carter, hopefully we see you around!" The other boy, Jack said before they walked into the back yard.

"So those are our sons, there's one more, his name is Luke, looks like he still isn't ready. He's probably 'perfecting his hair' as he calls it." Liz said before breaking out into laughter with my parents.

"Well, Carter the food and drinks are out back, make yourself at home, there's some seating out there too!" Andrew added before walking away with Liz and my parents, leaving me awkwardly standing in the kitchen, alone.

I had chose to sit at a table in the kitchen, seems to as I wasn't hungry at the moment.

I sighed knowing it was going to be a long day, plugged my headphones into my phone and turned on my 'All Time Low' playlist on McTube.

As 'Weightless' played, I opened the Wattpad app, and started to read Harry Styles fan-fictions. I kept thinking to myself about how anti-social I'm being, but I didn't really care.

After a few minutes of humming to the music and reading the book, I heard someone making their way into the kitchen, I snapped my head around to find a blonde boy standing in the doorway, watching me. It wasn't a stalker, creepy watching me type of scene, more like a questioning look like 'why are you alone?'. I assumed this was the last boy in the family, Luke I think was his name? I'm not sure, anyways.

"Uhm, Hi, I'm Carter, I live next door." I said slowly taking in his attractive looks.

"Hey, I'm Luke. I live here." He replied with a cocky smile. "Why aren't you outside with everyone socializing?" he asked. He kinda came off a little rude, but I guess I'll give him a chance, he seems okay.

"Uh, I don't really know anyone out there and it was kinda awkward so I came in here and-" I started, but Luke cut me off. "Listened to All Time Low? Great taste in music by the way." He smiled.

"Ugh yeahh, how'd you know?" I asked slowly.

"Let's just say with how loud you turn your music up in those headphones you'll be deaf by 40" he chuckled and I let out a small laugh. Maybe he wasn't so bad, I mean he was cute, perfect blonde hair, awesome smile, blue eyes and has a taste in music.

I hadn't noticed I was staring until he grinned and said, "Enjoying the view?" "In your dreams. I wasn't even looking at you." I quickly replied and I could feel my cheeks heat up. Shit. Way to give it away Carter.

"Mhmm." He let out, still grinning at me.

"I wasn't." I said quickly, his right eye dropped into a wink before he opened the fridge and took out two waters, handing one over to me, and opening the other for himself. I thanked him and a very awkward silence took over.

"You said you live next door, so I guess were neighbors then right?" He asked. "Yeah it seems so." I said before letting out a small smile. "Wanna go outside and grab something to eat? Or do you want to stay in here and be anti social all day?" Luke said chuckling. I agreed to going out to the back yard with Luke. He led me over to the table where the food was set up. Luke and I made our plates in silence before it was broken by the sound of Liz, "Oh great! Carter, I see you've met Luke! Awesome!" She said smiling. "Yeah we met inside right after you left." I said before she walked off and I returned to adding small bits of food onto my plate.

Authors Note//
Hey guysss! Hmm, I don't really have anything to say! But if you're still reading thanks for giving it a chance, I know it's not very good but it'll get better soon!

xx -A