Chapter 11 - Final Chapter

Recap for those who didn't want to read the sexual content: you and Stefan almost went all the way, but you were interrupted by Damon and the news that your blood had indeed been made into a cure. It only needed Bonnie to cast a spell, then Elena and Damon could be human together. Stefan asked you if you would turn him human again.

You slumped back into the sofa, Stefan offered you a glass of bourbon which you gladly accepted.

"So, I'll put the vial of blood Damon gave me in this bowl, I'll cast the spell then Elena, you have to drink it within seconds okay?" Bonnie explained. "Remember, once Damon bites you and feeds on a little bit of your blood, you will no longer have the cure in your body but you will both remain human. Are you ready?"

"Yes!" Elena nodded eagerly, Bonnie nodded and began chanting over the bowl. You couldn't make out a word she was saying, to you it all sounded like gibberish. Thick grey smoke began to creep along the floorboards of the Salvatore mansion, the smoke began to rise until you were knee deep in thick smoke. The candles in the room began to flicker, the flames shot up in the air, which made you jump back in surprise. You watched the bowl before Bonnie, it began to hiss and smoke and sizzle, it sounded like bacon in a pan.

"Now Elena." Bonnie stopped chanting and handed Elena the hot howl. Elena gulped down the liquid, she dropped the bowl and began fanning her mouth.

"Jesus Bonnie, it felt like lava!" Elena hissed, Elena stooped still, she looked at Damon and in seconds she had dropped to the floor in a heap, Damon just about caught her before her head hit the floor.

"What happens now?" Damon asked Bonnie but she shrugged.

"In about 10 minutes she will wake up, human. If she wants to test out her humanity, get her to slice her palm a little with a knife, if it heals it didn't work. If it doesn't, then she's human." You shrugged as Damon scooped Elena up in his arms and lay her on the sofa.

It was all a waiting game now...

You sipped your bourbon, you felt the warmth from the liquor spreading down your throat into your chest. It was a comforting warmth, Stefan sat beside you, his fingers traced the back of your hand until his fingers found yours. He placed his hand on the back of your hand and entwined your fingers together. You saw Elena twitch, her eyes began to flutter open, Damon shot up immediately, he helped Elena upright.

"How are you feeling?" Bonnie smiled softly at Elena.

"I-I don't know." Elena mumbled groggily, Damon handed her a sharp blade.

"You'll have to make sure it worked..." he gave Elena a look, she knew exactly what she had to do. Elena nodded and gripped the knife, she slowly pressed it into the palm of her hand, blood dripped down onto the hardwood floor, everybody was watching and waiting to see if the cut healed. Moments had passed, the wound was still dripping blood, Damon looked up at Elena who was anxiously staring at the cut. "It's not healed..." Damon smiled.

"It worked? I'm...human again?" Elena beamed, tears had formed at the edges of her eyes, you couldn't help but smile at her happiness.

You headed into the kitchen, to make everybody some coffee. You switched on the coffee machine and grabbed some cups from the cupboard, you heard someone enter the kitchen.

"Pretty amazing huh?" Stefan smiled, you turned to see him standing behind you.

"It is yeah." You smiled back, Stefan gently stroked your face with his fingertips. "Have you thought about what I asked earlier?" Stefan asked.