Chapter 2: Fake Eyelashes

Luke stood staring at himself in the bathroom mirror, and he was slightly insecure. Sure, he was actually looking really pretty, and he really liked the way the dress's silky black material felt against his skin, and the way that the fake eyelashes tickled the tops of his eyelids. He was just insecure about actually wearing the dress. Even though he usually never really cared if people thought he was weird for dressing in 'girl's clothing', and for wearing makeup, he still had those days where he just loathed in self hate. Today was one of those days. He was going to a party with his best friend, Calum.

Calum mainly wanted to go to get guys, and hopefully find a guy for Luke, but Luke wasn't too excited about that idea. He was concerned that people would find it weird that he wore 'girl's clothing', and wore makeup. To Luke, it wasn't really girl's clothes that he wore. Sure, they were in the 'Girl's Section' at the store, but Luke didn't like labels. He didn't like how people judged him for that. He didn't like how people gave him weird looks for wearing makeup either. It made him happy. Why couldn't people accept that?

He loved his clothes, and his makeup. The dresses, and his fake eyelashes made him feel pretty, and he always described the feeling of being pretty as 'sparkling', and did Luke ever love to sparkle.

"Luke, can you stop picking out your flaws, and just come out of the bathroom. I have to fix my hair." Calum pleaded, making Luke sigh as he took one last look in the mirror. He unlocked the door, and opened it, revealing a very frantic looking Calum. "Sorry mate, just had to make myself look somewhat presentable. I need to meet somebody there. It's been kind of lonely around here." Calum spoke, giving Luke a small smirk, as he entered the bathroom.

It really has been lonely around here since Calum, and his boyfriend broke up. Yes, Calum considered himself gay. Luke hated that term, but he knew he probably was too. He'd only ever had any sort of romantic relationships with guys, but he couldn't tell if he was in fact gay or not. He really didn't know, so he considered himself pansexual. He liked people based on their personalities, and he just happened to lean more towards guys, than girls.

Calum on the other hand, knew he only liked guys, and the funny part behind that was, when Calum first met Luke, Calum had a girlfriend. It wasn't until she dared Luke, and Calum to make out during a game of Truth or Dare (that went horribly wrong), that Calum realized he was gay. No, Calum, and Luke weren't together. They tried for a week, after Calum told his girlfriend that he was gay and dumped her, but then they both realized they were just meant to be best friends, and that fling ended. After that, Calum got a long term boyfriend, his name was Jake, and he'd been such a jerk to poor Luke. When Calum found out he was beyond pissed, and that's what ended the relationship. 

Cal, and Jake had been done now for about a month, and it was actually pretty lonely now. Luke was used to the empty feeling, but Calum wasn't, as he was always in a relationship, and Luke had never really had one, besides maybe a boyfriend in middle school, but let's face it, middle school relationships don't really count.

Luke looked at his phone, seeing that he had over a hundred new Instagram followers. Luke was Instagram famous, and he wasn't quite sure why. People just seemed to like his quirky personality, and cute outfits, and makeup. Some of them even wanted him to become a YouTuber, but Luke couldn't. He was too worried about all the hate he'd get, because he wore clothes that were originally designed for girls, and he wore makeup. Fake eyelashes were his favorite makeup. He almost always wore them, and when he didn't he was sick, and was too sick to put them on. He loved the way they tickled his upper eyelid. It made him sparkle, and boy did Luke ever love to sparkle.