12: Spencer

Spencer's POV*

We all crowd around Alyssa's computer in the police station.  We hear a door slam and Alyssa wakes up. Her green eyes frantically look for the camera and she finds it. She visibly swallows and coughs. She starts to speak,

" Spence, JJ, Penelope. His name is Johnny Matthias. I don't know where iam but I know it's somewhere in Oregon and I know that I am still in Portland. Please. Look him up and if you have to, look me up as well. I can take it. Don't worry. I can take it. I love you all very much. Please find me soon. I'm starving and... I really have to pee."

She tries to laugh but it turns into cries.

" Please. I hate this. I hate the drugs he pumps me up on. Oh, please help me."

I hear the door slam and she makes the cutest little squeak but it's quickly replaced with my fear for her. She mouths to the camera,

" I'm pretending to sleep."

She rolls her head as Johnny stomps into view. I tell Garcia,

" Look them up."

She says,

" You know I hate doing that."

" I know, but unless you want to find Lyssa then do it."

Garcia pouts but complies anyway. I hear screams and I have to look away from the video. I hear Alyssa scream and my heart is about to fly out of my chest. 

" Next time you do that, YOU WILL DIE!"

I turn around and scream,

" LYSSA NO!"

I turn around at the wrong time. I see Johnny swinging a stick and it connects with her little body. Her rib was broken.

" Did it hurt?"

Alyssa gave him a real scary look.

" You just broke my fucking rib!  HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I FEEL YOU BITCH ASS MOTHER FUCKER!"

I chuckle,  She's still Lyssa. Johnny cracks her rib once more and she screams even louder. To finish her off, he smacked her bleeding head. I hissed through my teeth. She yelps and she's out. 

" I got it!" 

We all turn to Garcia. 

" Johnny Matthias is 17 years old and he was born in Las Vegas. He knew Alyssa when they attended school. They dated for no less than a few months but little Johnny here has been in love with her. He graduated high school a few months ago and moved to Portland. Other than that it's all basic stuff."

" What about Alyssa?" I ask.

" Get ready lover boy."

I raised my eyebrows but just accepted it. 

" Tell us everything about her, Garcia," Hotch says.

" Yes, sir. Alyssa Bethany Mercer. Born in Las Vegas, same as Reid. She's crazy rich. She owns, sorry, co-owns a casino strip that was her parents. It's called the Mercer Casino Strip and she owns it with her older brother Thayer Jason Mercer. She attended CalTech at the age of ten and had a tragic accident with Thayer and a girl who she considered her sister. Her name is Benji Vera and she died upon impact. Poor thing was only 14. Alyssa had a short term of amnesia causing her to lose her memory of a boy named- oh."

" What is it, Garcia?" JJ asked. Garcia looked at me with big eyes.

" She lost her memory of you."

" What?"

" She didn't remember you, Spencer. Look I'll read you guys a hospital report. ' Miss Mercer hasn't recovered her memory of a boy named Spencer Reid. She says his name nearly every morning and night but won't remember a single thing about him. When I asked her what does she remember she always says, ' He promised me he'll be back.' I continued to press her but she repeats the same sentence. Today was different. She had stated that she remembers that he goes to MIT and that they wanted to become Doctors.  I asked her what was the best thing that they did as friends and she looked at me. She just looked at me. I asked once again and she spoke a single word, ' Kiss.' And it goes on and on about Alyssa and how she kept trying to think of you, Spence."