Chapter 2: Best Friends

After a long week of boring school lectures and lessons it's finally Friday.

"So there's this boy, his name is Zac and he is so cute" Tia explains

"What happened to Kyle?" I ask

"Oh he is so yesterdays news, you gotta keep up girl. it would help to hang out with me at school" She playfully pushes my shoulder before continuing walking down the street.

"You know I don't like being around a lot of people, Tia" i sigh

"Yeah but I'm your best friend you could at least try" She sticks her bottom lip out, making a pouty face.

"Fine, Monday I'll hang out with you at school" I sigh again. Great i get to hangout with a bunch of popular prissy girls.

she squeals with excitement, a huge grin forming on her face "I get to choose your outfit, I can't have you looking too fat or wearing rags, also I get to do your make up"

"sounds so fun" I fake a smile before hugging her and walking into my house.

"Oh Dawn you're home, good i was just about to make dinner, your siblings are already here and Gracie has been asking for you non stop" my mother smiles before going into the kitchen to prepare food.

i run up to my room knowing my little sister will be there waiting for me.

"Dawn you're home" she squeals and runs and jumps into my arms.

I hold her tightly before putting her down. "I missed you too Gracie."

For the next hour me and Gracie play dolls, dress up and had dinner. Seeing her laugh and all happy is the best part of every day. When my mum told me I was gonna be a big sister again, I was so mad. I didn't want another sibling but as soon as I met Gracie everything changed. I'm glad I'm not the only girl anymore and I'm glad that my little sister turned out to be as amazing as she is, I can't imagine my life without her.

"Alright Gracie, I have to do homework now." I tell her.

"But I wanna play" she pouts

"You've gotten so good at pouting but I need to do my homework"

She gives me a sad look before leaving my room. I hate telling her no but sometimes I just have too.

As I'm doing my homework I keep thinking about Jackson, I gave him my number but he hasn't texted me.

I don't know why it surprises me, I'm not that pretty or skinny and there's a lot of girls out there who look way better then me. I don't know, maybe it's because I thought there was a connection? But as always it was just in my head.

Why can't I get his perfect crooked smile out of my mind? Like I just met the damn guy I need to stop obsessing over him.

But how can you not obsess over a guy that looks like him?

I stand up and walk over to my mirror examining myself. My long sandy blonde hair hangs loosely over my shoulders, My eyes are a blue-ish green that compliments my pale skin. I guess the only part I like about me are my eyes.

Maybe I should cut my hair? Would that make me more attractive? Or lose weight but my mom says I'm too skinny already. Do I believe her over other people? Like I'm only 100 pounds but I don't know.

Who am I kidding? I'll never be pretty and skinny like Tia.

Looking at my reflection is really disappointing, to me at least. How can I expect someone else to like me when I don't even like myself?

___________________

Jackson hasn't messaged me all weekend. Like I said I knew I wasn't good enough for a guy like him. I'm not as pretty or skinny as the other girls.