"Sleep tight," he whispered and kissed me on my forehead.

For the first time I became painfully aware of the fact that his upper torso was completely bare. So, what I actually had my cheek pressed against was his smooth skin. I fought against my racing heartbeat and wandering thoughts, but nothing helped. My eyes refused to shut, let alone allow my brain some time to recharge. All I was aware of was the heat he was radiating and the squirming of the butterflies inside my stomach.

As I lay there in his arms, I realized there was no denying it anymore. The place I now felt safest in was right here. Wrapped in Jared's arms.

"Jared?"

I waited for seven heartbeats, but all that came from the said werewolf was a rhythm of steady breaths. I couldn't believe that while my body was squirming with life, he could be fall asleep so easily. It didn't seem fair.

"Serves me right, I guess." I sighed. "It did take me much longer than you, so I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer to tell you this. But I still want to say it... Jared, I... I... I love you."

In an instant I landed with my back against the bed, while Jared hoovered right above me. His face was so close to mine that even despite the darkness I could see his wide open eyes. Eyes that didn't hold a single sign of sleep.

"What did you just say?"

"I thought you were asleep." I tried to turn my face away from him, but with a soft finger underneath my chin he forced me to look back at him.

"What did you just say?"

He moved his arms, so he was leaning on his forearms on either side of my head. There was no where I could escape to. And looking up into his shinning eyes I knew there wasn't a place on earth I would have rather been than right here, right now.

"I... I love you."

His breath hitched at my admission and then a second later his lips crashed onto mine. Our previous kisses were nothing compared to the hungry kiss. His hands were like steel keeping me pinned to the bed, but I didn't care.

He bit my lower lip and gained entrance into my mouth, while fireworks erupted behind my eyelids. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him even closer to me. I didn't care how heavy he was. All I knew was that I wanted him closer.

He broke the kiss just before I would run out of oxygen and lifted himself far enough, so he could look into my eyes.

"I love you too."

A wide smile stretched my lips, while he lowered himself back down. This time he trailed a line of soft kisses down my jaw and neck, until he reached the spot of my mark. With his hands still on my hips, he softly bit into the mark. A wave of intense pleasure cut through my body, making me unable to hold in a loud moan. It felt so good.

His entire body stiffened and a heartbeat later he propped himself up onto his elbows. We were both out of breath as he rested his forehead against mine and closed his eyes.

"We have to stop."

"Why?" I didn't care how whiny I sounded. I didn't want him to stop.

"Because I won't be able to stop if we take this any further," he said through gritted teeth. "And I promised you we were only going to sleep."

The rigidness in his body screamed at me about what an effort it took for him to stop. At the same time, it told me that at least a part of him didn't want to stop.

Knowing exactly what I was doing, I asked, "What if I don't want you to stop?"

"You don't know what you're saying." He shook his head.