Chapter 6 - Trouble

Start from the beginning

I heard a sigh come from Four and he snatched the muffin out of my hand taking a large bite out of it. “There it’s fine” He said handing it back to me.

“Enjoy your slow and painful death” I confirmed heartlessly. “He just ate a muffin… And he’s going to die from that?” Tris asked raising her eyebrow at me. I gave her a confident nod as she rolled her eyes at me.

“Well if you’re not going to eat that…” Four began staring repeatedly from me to the muffin. “Fineh! Have it” I said shoving it into his hand.

Tris opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted with a squeal that was only girly enough to come from Christina so I turned my head for affirmation and was proven right when I saw her, on Will’s back as Will ran down the corridor with her. I shared a look with Tris as we’d both figured out there was something going on and Al was just dumbfounded and confused. Awww.

***

“You should’ve came with us yesterday” Christina said as we sat around recklessly waiting in the training room.

“Oh yeah you’se went to get tattoos didn’t you?” Christina confirmed by taking off her jacket and showing me the one on her upper arm.

“What is it?” I asked as it didn’t look like an ordinary pattern but random lines and things. “Don’t know” Tris confirmed trying to figure it out also.

“Looks like more fighting today” Tris informed looking up at the newly put up board with name next to name signalling pairs.

“I’m up against the Tank” Me and Tris both gave Christina confused looks. “The Tank?” Tris asks as both our eyes scam the board for Christina’s name and when my eyes finally land on it, I see that it says Molly next to it.

“Yeah Peter’s slightly more feminine looking minion” She nods towards the cluster of people on the other side of the room.

“Those three-” Christina motions to Molly, Peter and Drew, “-Have been inseparable since they crawled out the womb, practically. I hate them” I stifled a small bubble of laughter. “What’s so bad about them?” I question. Apart from the fact they all look like monsters, I couldn’t see anything bad about them but I knew they weren’t the type of people I’d want to hang around with.

“What’s good about them you mean” Christina corrected.

She began reading out this list from memory on what made them monsters but I zoned out halfway to see the fight between Al and Will. Al’s fist punches Will in the jaw and I could hear the thump all the way from over here but that could simply be my imagination exaggerating things. Eric smirks at Al with compliment though I don’t see what’s to congratulate about punching someone in the face. 

“Melody” Christina hissed regaining my attention. “Huh?” The first words to leave my mouth as I made contact with her. Christina signalled to me to come and stand by her with a tilt of her head and movement of her eyes. 

I creased my forehead in confusion but soon understood when I heard Eric’s voice arguing with someone. I looked back to see him with his back to me and Four stood in front of him. He was only centimetres away and hadn’t noticed my presence and neither had Four.

 “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others” Four replied to whatever Eric had previously said.

“A brave man never surrenders” Eric glared back at him. I could feel it. Cautiously I stepped back and away. And just when I had turned round… “Melody?” Four called me, suspicious running off his tongue. Looks like he had noticed me.

Christina gave me a playful goodbye wave before continuing to walk towards the ring where she had been called for her fight with Molly.

“Yes?” I moaned turning around to be met with Four and Eric. One with a cold expression and the other with an amused one.