In Arnav's Cabin: (Now)

"How did everything suddenly turn this way?" Khushi pondered, her eyes still closed, "But, how did he discover me here? Did I leave a trail? How am I going to explain to him?"

Arnav stood at the door, hands in his pockets, watching her expressions. His eyes were dark and tumultuous.

"Why can't she trust me with whatever is bothering her?" he was thoroughly irritated with the cat-and-mouse chase, "What happened to that girl, fifteen months back, who believed in me blindly?"

On the other hand, Khushi contemplated how to detail her predicament to him, and what had happened to her in the last year. She felt suffocated. Her heart was heavy. A small tear drop made its way down her cheek.

That little tear drop was his undoing. He charged forward and hauled her into his arms. He kissed her lightly on her hair.

"Khushi, sweetheart", she was surprised at the sudden change in his demeanor, "No, you have cried enough..No more Khushi. Please tell me what is worrying you so much...Please share with me", he begged her

"I... I...", she faltered, "um... I want to quit this job"

Arnav turned ballistic. His hold on her tightened tremendously.

"What nonsense?" he thundered, "Are you kidding me? Why are you trying to push me away again and again Khushi?"

She shook in pain and fear. 

Arnav let go of her and stepped back a couple of feet when she did not respond to him.

"Alright", the cold calculative ASR quickly replaced Arnav the lover, "Go ahead and quit"

"Just remember that you will have to pay contract breakage charges of one million bucks in a week" he stated in a very indifferent manner tilting his head slightly, "I am sure you remember the contract that you signed last week, now don't you?"

"What?"
 exclaimed a surprised Khushi

"Of course, When you did not contact me all these months, I expected this to be your reaction, so I made the contract air-tight", he said coldly

Khushi was taken aback. "How am I supposed to collect such a huge amount in such a short period?", she thought, "I need to talk to Vanitha Ma"

"I... I need some time to arrange the money",
she spoke meekly

Arnav was surprised and more hurt that she would arrange the money and quit, rather than tell him the real reason.

Steeling himself, Arnav raised an arrogant eyebrow. "Really?", he questioned, "What are you planning honey? Go to Nagpur and ask the Vade couple?"

That was it. Khushi was flagger basted.

She stuttered as she moved a few steps back, "You..you know about them?"

"I know a lot about you",
his words were scornful as he prowled closer, "How do you think I hunted you down?"