Chapter 3: The boiler room💮

Previously from last chapter// "Master Haku, Yubaba wants you." voices say. I look over the bush we were hiding behind and saw a bunch of frogs crowding him. "Come on Chihiro. Its time to go." I said quietly. She nodded and we crawled out of the garden. Keeping low in case anyone was nearby.

Readers POV:

We were following Haku's instructions until I noticed we were standing on a very thin ledge. I pulled my sister on the opposite side of me so she didn't fall. We both carefully continued our way toward the boiler room and when we finally came to the stairs I felt relief wash over me. I thought we were going the wrong way for a little bit there.

"Look Chihiro! We just have to follow the stairs and then we will make it to Kamaji, like Haku said!" I blushed again at the thought of him. He was very flirtatious without even realizing it.

"You like him, dont you?" Chihiro said sitting on the stairs and sliding onto the next one. She was too scared to walk like I was. This only made me more flustered and I shook my head. 

"I am most certain that I have no idea what you're talking about! I dont like him. After all I just met him. Its just he was very touching and he would get really close to my face." I explained defensively.

"Suuure. Mommy says that if you blush around someone it either means you like them or they are embarrassing you, but he didn't really say or do anything that would be embarrassing so you must like him. A lot." Chihiro said with a teasing look. 'Aish, When did she get so much like me?' suddenly she let out a small scream. 

"Careful Chihiro!!" I shouted just as my foot broke a step causing me to stumble and almost fly down the steps. I was running as fast as I could just so I wouldn't roll down them like a ball. I found myself screaming along with my sister who was running after me. Soon enough I slammed face-first into a wall that was in front of the staircase. Chihiro slammed into my back making me groan in pain from being sandwiched.

"Ow. that hurt.. a lot." we un-smashed ourselves when a giant frog opened the window above us. He was smoking something, but I didn't pay too much attention to that because I needed to make sure Chihiro and I get away unnoticed. I pulled on her shirt and we continued on to the boiler room. We were finally in front of the last door and I slowly turned the handle.

"Are you ready?" I asked her. She shook her head causing me to roll my eyes. I made my sister walk in with me.

There was a lot of steam and smoke, but that's to be expected. Chihiro clung to my arm and we soon came to a part of the room with a big machine and small little black things carrying rocks. The person that was controlling the machine, which I assume is Kamaji, had six arms like a spider. 

"Wow. Cool." I whispered. Chihiro thought otherwise and hide behind the wall. I stayed where I was and looked around the room trying to get enough confidence to speak. 

"Um... Excuse me. Are you Kamaji?" Chihiro was behind me now and the man just made weird noises before looking at us more closely. 

"Haku sent us. please let us work here!" Chihiro said well more like shouted. Four tokens dropped in front of the spider-man (lol XD) and he said. 

"Darn, all at once! get to work you, little runts." He doesn't seem happy about that. Just as he commanded that, the black fuzz balls came out again. 

"I'm Kamaji. Slave to the boilers that heat the baths. Step on it boys!" He said before shouting to the little fuzz balls. 

"Please let us work here!" I retold since he still didn't answer my sister.

"I got all the help I need. The place is full of soot. Plenty of replacements." So that's what those things are. They sure are cute though. We tried to walk out of the way, but they just ended up crowding around our feet. I made us move off the floor. Kamaji's long arm went towards my sister.