I grabbed my phone off the wooden top of my pocket sized bedside table. I switched my phone on, a few notifications appearing on my screen though there were none from Grayson as expected, though there was one from Caleb telling me he misses me and one from Shawn telling me he aced his pitch training.

I texted them both back a brief text before dropping my phone on the sheets next to me and laying back down.

"Can I just go back to sleep?" I whined, running my hands over my bare face.

She snorted, "Mood." She replied, "But to answer your question. . .no." she deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes before turning on my side, so I was facing her completely. It wasn't hard to see her considering our dorm is so small.

I remember how shocked I was when I first entered this room. I didn't expect the walls to be such a redish-brown colour or the single beds to be merely a metre and a half a part with one dresser each. It's like living in a literal closet.

There is barely enough room to breathe in here.

"Where are you going?" I asked as she began gathering her books from on top of her dresser.

She shrugged, "To get a coffee and study with Riley for a few hours."

I pouted but nodded. Riley is her boyfriend, they actually only met at the start of the year but they're a nice couple. Just average really, but they seem to have quite an interest with each other.

"But I'll be lonely." I said followed by a faux sniffle as I pretended to wipe a tear off my cheek.

She chuckled, "Then put some proper clothes on, do your hair and get out for once. You're welcome to come down to the library with Riley and I if you'd like?"

I thought about it for a second before shaking my head, "Thanks for the offer, but you two make me want to throw up." I teased.

She narrowed her eyes at me, flicking her hair off my shoulder, "Your loss." She mocked me before exiting the dorm and shutting the door behind her.

I sighed loudly, wishing I was at home in Riverview right now at home with my brother watching an action movie whilst throwing popcorn at each other or even at the sweet, heavenly beach I miss so dearly, swimming with Grayson, nothing coming between us except the soft, transparent water.

God, I'm a mess, I thought as I finally pulled myself out of bed, my bare feet coming into contact with the floor.

As much as I'd hate to leave my dorm, I probably should get some fresh air, I haven't left my dorm since I had classes on Wednesday, other than to shower and all that of course. But regardless I could use something greasy to drown my sorrows or maybe a warm hot chocolate and a novel to read from that lovely book café around the corner.

I love going there, it reminds me of the one I went to in New York.

God, I miss those days so much.

I walked over to my dresser, pulling out a black lacey bralette and my hello kitty underwear before grabbing a high waisted pair of denim jeans and a white sweater since it's quite cold outside at this time of year here in North Carolina.

It isn't as cold as it'd get in Riverview, but it definitely isn't the warmest currently, it's a refreshing cold. The type of wintry weather that makes you want to curl up in bed with a delightful book or sit at the beach and watch the waves collide into each other. I can't even imagine how cold the water would be, it'd feel like literal ice.

I bet if Grayson was here, he'd force be in the water and we'd both freeze but still somehow manage to have fun.

I stripped of my baggy shirt and my underwear before pulling on my undergarments and slipping the jeans up my legs before buttoning them and zipping them at my waist, lastly, I threw the sweater over my head, the snug woven synthetic cotton material warming my upper body. I tucked the sweater into my jeans before pulling it a little, so it wasn't so tight and neat.