Chapter Sixty Five| You're doing great sweetie

"We don't have to be ordinaryMake your best mistakes'Cause we don't have the time to be sorrySo baby be the life of the partyI'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary, hearts are gonna break'Cause we don't have the time to be sorrySo bab...

Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary, hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party"

-Shawn Mendes

Status: unedited

Status: unedited

Today wasn't just a normal day. Today wasn't just a Saturday. It's the day of prom.

It's the day I finally get to wear that dress I bought all those weeks ago. It's the last time (besides Christmas) I'll be able to be with all my friends at once.

My body is a whirl wind of emotions right now. I feel excited, excited to see everyone and to see my handsome boyfriend in a suit for the first time, just the thought of Gray in a suit makes me wish for many unholy things.

I feel nervous, to wear such an expensive dress and to see Grayson's reaction.

I feel nervous being at prom in general.

Taylor is currently here and we're getting ready. Unlike probably seventy percent of girls at my school, we're not professionally getting our hair and make-up done or getting our nails done and a spray tan.

Yeah I want to look good but I more money on this dress than all that stuff combined so I'd rather stick with Taylor's make-up and hair styling skills, I might not physically look like a thousand bucks. . but my dress will.

"Okay, so what am I thinking?" Taylor murmured to herself, holding an eyeshadow palette in her hand whilst the opposite hand held a blending brush as she analysed my face.

I shrugged, "I don't know," I replied.

"It was a rhetorical question, idiot." She glared making me laugh.

I stayed silent whilst she stared at me, it was sort of creepy, but I know she was just trying to get her creative, make-up obsessed brain stimulated.