I smirked. "She has you trained."

Uncle Amir kissed his teeth. "Don't play with me."

"No, seriously, it's good you're at least listening. You and Auntie would've been fighting."

"I'm tryin' ya kno'?" He looked at me. "I really care about Angel. I just don't wanna sabotage it."

I tilted my head. "Why would you?"

    "I sabotaged my marriage with Rayne cause I felt like I didn't deserve her and look where that left me. Angel is marriage material. We been kickin' it like a year now and you heard her say she wanna move closer to me. Shit scares me."

"It shouldn't, Uncle Amir." This time, I reached over and squeezed his hand. "You deserve love and to be happy. You deserve it."

     "What's going on over here?" Jamila walked towards us. "So much affection. I'm not used to it." She snorted.

Uncle Amir looked up at her. "You jealous? You want Unc to love on you too?"

    Jamila nodded her head. "Precisely."

Uncle Amir and I shook our heads, and he motioned for her to sit on his lap. She did just that and he hugged and kissed her much to her liking.

   "I like Angel by the way." Jamila looked back at him. "She's good for you. Promise you'll keep her around."

"I'll try." He said.

   Jamila laid back against him. "I'll take that, for now."

I looked at them, and a smile grew on my face. I knew he'd follow through. It was something different about this time around and about my uncle.

I felt it.

After being on the beach with Uncle Amir for a few hours, we decided to go back to the hotel suite.

   DJ made sure we got on our floor safely. Jamila and I held a really nice conversation as we were walking towards our room. Well, until we heard loud yelling.

Apparently everyone could hear it too because our mom came out of her room to see what was going on. Jamila and I shrugged when she looked at us.

   All I knew was that the voice belonged to Auntie Remy, who was loud and speaking spanish. That meant she was pissed.

Mom knocked on the door, but figured no one was going to answer it. Uncle Keegan yelped out like he was in pain which caused all three of our eyes to widen.

   "Remy, baby, I swear I'm tellin' the truth." We could hear him say.

I twisted the knob to see that it was unlocked and pushed the door open. As soon as it opened fully, we could Auntie Remy standing over Uncle Keegan with a bat.

  Uncle Keegan was holding his side as if he were in pain. I could see why he yelped now.

"Remy, what the hell?" Mom asked.