twenty

monday | stanford university

—————————

I'd changed my major.

After meeting with my advisor, I decided to do so and I decided to get back into the arts. Now, I was double majoring in Art History and Film/Media.

It was time for me to stop running from who I am. I felt better about it and couldn't wait to start fresh next semester.

I was in line to get some lunch before I went to the library. I needed to get some work done and some studying in. I hadn't had the chance to do so at all this weekend.

"Wassup beautiful?"

I looked back to see Latrell standing behind me. "Hey Trell. How are you?"

    He shrugged his shoulders. "Good, I guess. Are you gonna eat in here?"

I shook my head no. "Need to head to the library and do some work, study some."

   Latrell smiled. "Always the studious one. Do you mind if I join you? I need to get some work done myself."

I cringed. "I'm going solo dolo. Sorry."

   "Dang. You ain't have to be so cut with it." He chuckled. "But I get it. At least let me buy your lunch."

"Mm," I hummed. "I'm not sure that's appropriate." He looked at me confused. "I'm seeing someone and allowing a guy I used to mess around with buy me lunch is not a good look."

    "Ah," Latrell nodded. "I mean it's food, but I get it. I respect that."

I gave him a light smile. "Good."

    I walked up in the line as it began to move and I initially thought the conversation was over. But, he kept talking.

"So you admit we actually did have something?"

    I turned back around to look at him and shrugged slightly. "I mean, I guess. We kicked it alot."

"I ain't get to have you like I wanted to. I'm jealous of ya dude."

    I tilted my head to the side. "How did you want me, Trell? You never made a move. We flirted heavy."

"You was just so innocent to me. I ain't think I was ready."

   "Well," I smirked. "You played yourself."

Latrell laughed and nodded. "I agree. Good luck with that, though. He's lucky."

   I think I'm the lucky one

"Thank you, Trell."

   He gave me a side hug and then walked away. I let out a breath, shaking my head.

Fine ass.

   I realized it was something in my head and when I looked down, it was a twenty dollar bill. I looked back up and he was looking dead at me as if he were waiting for me to notice.

He laughed out loud. "He ain't got to kno!"

   I playfully rolled my eyes and went up to place my order.

"Hey baby, what can I get you?"

   I smiled at the older Hispanic lady in front of me. "I just want three soft tacos. Ground turkey please. Everything on it and extra sour cream."

"Mm, extra sour cream." Someone said from behind me and I froze at the voice. I knew it and it sent a chill down my spine.

    The person appeared beside me because I refused to look back. There stood Leon with a mischievous  grin on his face. He still had a scar on his face from when Shiloh cut him.