Chapter Three

Life at the Academy had never been easy. The other cadets had always been instigators, trying to start fights when certain things just weren't their business. It certainly didn't help when everyone found out that you were a human that grew up on Vulcan. Word soon spread of your parent's abandonment, and the other cadets wouldn't leave you alone.

"The only reason you got this far is because of that Vulcan family."

"The Vulcans didn't want you. You were just a drag."

"No wonder they left you."

"You'd be just as useless as your real parents if they didn't take you in."

There was only so much you could handle. You flung your fist in the direction of the person's face, but someone pulled you back. You turned ready to fight whoever was trying to stop you. But it was Spock.

"Do not allow their actions to effect your emotions. You may be human, but you grew up with Vulcan culture." He whispered quietly in your ear.

He let you go and turned on his heel to leave, his arms clasped behind his back and his head held high. He acted as if nothing had happened. He went back to ignoring your presence, just as he had back on Vulcan.

A few cadets watching stood in silence and wonder before returning to their work.

You were left gawking, wondering what had just happened. You put down your fists, huffed, and walked away. Confused as you were, you couldn't help but wonder something. Why would Spock care about what happened to you? It's not like he ever acknowledged your existence before. Maybe he just didn't want you to bring shame upon the Vulcan race. But, was it possible that he could care about you?