Prologue

A HUGE thank to TrashCanHomie101 for editing this for me!

Starts with you being age 15.
You only had minutes before your planet would be obliterated. Ash conquered the skies as the surrounding buildings tumbled to the ground. Your father, a captain, and mother were rushing outside, leaving you behind. You ran after them, crying for them come back. They never stopped. You kept running after them, desperate to catch up and get on a ship. Soon, your throat began to burn and your legs refused to carry you any further. All you could do was watch your parents board a ship and be a witness to their desertion.
"M-mom?! D-dad?!" You managed to stutter through quivering lip.

When the ship that harbored your parents disappeared from sight, you huffed, wiping your face of tears. You didn't have time to mourn for yourself! You sprinted to the nearest hangar, and boarding the smallest ship. Finally, years of flight simulators would pay off! You hovered just above the ground and took off. You just had to leave the planet before it was destroyed. The flight was slightly rough, but considering that you had never flown a real ship before; it wasn't half bad.

That's when the thought crossed your mind. How far could you go with the amount of fuel you currently had? Would you be stranded in space, waiting for the freezing vacuum to claim you?

"Please work, please. Come on, come on..!", you did what you could to get the engine running, "Please, please, please, please..."

With the fuel you had left, you could go a little over 15 light years. That could get you somewhere right? With that information tucked in your brain, you took off.

The engine started sputtering as the fuel tank was burning toward empty. You were close to a planet. So close. Vulcan, what an odd name for a planet. You had never heard of it before. Then, the ship started hurtling into the planet's atmosphere; and you crash landed into the desert-like terrain. Coughing a cloud of ash, you exited the ship.

Taking in the view of your surroundings you sputtered,"... Where-.. Where am I?"

You felt heavy, like the gravity effected you differently, which probably was the case. The dry ground seemed to get closer as you fell

End Prologue