Chapter 7 - Off Day!

Start from the beginning

The underground carpark was packed with cars, and I wondered what building we were in, as he led me to the elevators. Pressing the G button, the elevators brought us up to the ground floors of the building and he led me out, passing alongside shops that were bustling with people.

We left the shopping mall, and took a left before entering an Izakaya restaurant that looked as fancy as he was.

The server recognised him and broke into a serene smile upon his arrival. "Oh, Kirishima-sama, the usual place?" she asked politely as her eyes went to look at me. "Are you on a date, sir?"

"Yes, please."

The server took two menus and with her smile intact, she led us inside the restaurant. It was already filled with the typical diners and we were led further inside – into one of the more private tatami rooms at the back. It was called the Garden Pavilion and they are in "horigotatsu" style, where sunken areas are made under the tables for comfortable leg room.

It was a whole new experience for me as she opened up the doors to the private room. I heard myself go "woah" at the sight before me and I almost geeked out but I remembered where I was, so I cleared my throat as I tried to ease my excitement.

He offered his arm to me and we entered the private booth together. It seemed that he had already ordered a kaiseki cuisine from the looks of it.

"Feel free to eat as much as you want," he said with a grin. "I won't judge."

I rolled my eyes at his grand gesture and he excused himself to answer a call. When the doors slid shut, I got my phone out and took some photos of the food spread to send to my younger sister who was eager to know how my date was starting out.

I think she was with Markus.

The doors opened again and in walked Kirishima who looked very serious. I wonder what that call was about. When he noticed that I was staring, he changed his expression into a jovial one.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. "Is that from work?"

"There's no need to worry," he said as he sat. "I had the boys handle it."

I opened up the case file that I had read about him. I knew that he was the grandson of the Kouma Group leader. He was twenty-seven years old, and a terrifying person, mysterious and violent. Kirishima was known to have a masochistic streak to him.

Kouma Group was one of the leaders in the business world and they had ventured in building hotel chains and casinos. They were quite popular in Macao and they used that front to do their illegal things without being caught. They were damn powerful and influential enough that the brass wouldn't want to bother them.

"What do you do on a typical day at work?" I asked as I took a slice of sashimi and dipped it in the soy sauce before eating it whole. "Other than stalking me, I guess."

"Why? Are you interested in me, Lieutenant Amelia Irfan?" he asked in return, a slight smile playing on his lips as he rested his arms on the table and closed the space between us.

"Well, you've slightly piqued my interest but –"

The doors to the room slid open without any warning and I looked up in surprise to see a jaded-looking man in a sharp suit appearing by the doorway. I grew confused, who was that? Is that another henchman of Kirishima? Then, a beautiful woman stepped into the room.

My jaw dropped to the floor at what she was wearing. It was sparkly and golden, accentuating her curves on her hips and waist, showing off her perky breasts. The material of her dress was 95% see-through lace and I was stunned at her makeup, her hairdo. Her obvious efforts to snag a certain someone here.