Chapter 7 - Off Day!

Start from the beginning

"Where are we going?" I asked rather wearily.

"Somewhere nice. I'm sure you'll like it."

"You're not going to be bring me somewhere secluded just so you could kill me, do you?"

He laughed brightly at my statement and extended a hand out to me, so I could take it. His eyes were shining and I was confused at the stark difference because when we first met in the restaurant months ago, his eyes were emotionless.

Is he really in love with me?

It was hard to believe.

I took his hand nonetheless, and he brought me to the passenger side of the car. He opened the door, and gestured me to go in. We left HQ, and the typical office buildings slipped away to forests as we left the area and entered the highway.

A soft melody of a pop song was playing on the radio and I was unsure of what to speak about in the car or if I should speak at all.

What were we to talk about anyway?

"So, how was work today?" Kirishima asked, prompting conversation between us. "You're having a very long break from overseas missions."

"Am I?"

"Usually you'd be having two days or three days off. Two weeks is a bit much."

I glanced at him. How much does he know about my downtime anyway? Where is he getting all of these information from? I doubt I've told him. "It's because of you, idiot," I pointed out.

He laughed. "What did I do?"

"After you left my office, there were interrogations on how a yakuza was able to obtain information about me," I explained. "They did not like what has happened so they benched me."

"I knew you were out on a mission on the day we met," he said quietly. "You were intending to know what we were discussing with the enemy group."

"How did you –"

"You were beautiful the moment I laid eyes on you," he interrupted with a wink, despite my initial fear. "Even though you were forced to go on a date with your cheating ex."

I stayed quiet as I weighed my options. This was a breach of security. How can a yakuza like him find out that I was on a mission? Who has been leaking information to him? Just how much influence does his family have on my top management? The main thing is, it meant that he was someone not to be trifled with.

There was nothing that he doesn't know now.

And it's terrifying.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked tentatively. As if afraid. As if apprehensive.

I sighed as I looked out the window – noticing that the scenery has changed and we were cruising into the city centre. "I'm not afraid of you," I said, almost stubborn. "I'm more afraid of what will happen to me if they were to find out I'm going out on a date with you."

"Oh, a clash of interest perhaps?"

"Morals."

He laughed. "A yakuza and a soldier?"

"Obviously."

"I think it's exciting," he replied, as we entered a slip road that will lead us to the city area. "Don't you find it thrilling? A sense of danger and all that?"

"I don't need that, thank you very much."

He laughed again. We grew quiet as he turned into a cluster of buildings and entered the underground parking. I had no idea where we were but we were in the city so it meant that we were going to be in a crowded area, and at least my suspicions were answered.