The Battle Against Kylo Ren

Rey stood in a dark forest. Before her stood Ben, or Kylo Ren, she wasn't sure which of them stood before her now.
"Please come back, Ben." She pleaded.
"Ben Solo is dead."
She reached out with her feelings and entered his mind. Ben wasn't dead, he still lived deep within Kylo Ren. But Kylo Ren held him prisoner. Rey could sense it now, Kylo Ren was a dark presence placed within him by Snoke.
"Rey," Ben whispered in her thoughts.
"Ben?" She whispered back.
"Rey please set me free."
"I can't," she answered, sensing the only way she could free him.
"Please,"
Suddenly, Kylo Ren ended their bond. He drew his lightsaber and charged towards her. She ignited her lightsaber just in time to block his. He continued to swing his lightsaber at her, hard and fast. And she continued to block him with her lightsaber. She had to move quickly to block his strikes, which were like a raging fire.
Rey jumped, using the Force to carry her higher. She leapt over Kylo Ren's head and landed behind him. He turned quickly to face her, but it was too late. She swung her lightsaber suddenly at his arm. His hand was cut off and his lightsaber fell to the ground. A look of pain and shock filled his eyes. But before he could react, Rey moved towards him. Then she stepped forward and plunged her lightsaber deep into his chest.
She wrapped her arm around him. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She watched with tears in her eyes as life left him. He fell lifeless to the forest floor.
Rey collapsed to her knees and began to weep.
She looked up suddenly to see the Force ghost of Ben Solo rise from his body, finally free from Kylo Ren. He reached down and gently wiped her tears away. "Thank you," he whispered. He looked deep into her eyes. His eyes spoke more than words ever could.

(Thank you to the artist for this beautiful picture! When I found it I had to add it to this chapter, because it fits so perfectly!)

Rey gave him a sad smile.
He smiled back, a warm genuine smile that warmed her heart. He was finally free.
Rey watched as his Force ghost slowly faded from sight.

I found this picture recently, it reminded me of this story, so I decided to add it

I found this picture recently, it reminded me of this story, so I decided to add it. Thank you so much to the artist.