(15) - The christmas party p.2

Comenzar desde el principio

"Thanks... But you are just drunk, you'll regret saying that tomorrow. Now go rest!" Hermione demanded, pointing to the stairs.

"But i don't want to! Please, let me have fun here with you." Draco mumbled, looking into Hermione's deep brown eyes.

"Stop it, Draco. This is just your drunken self, now go! You need rest, you are even worse than Pansy!!" Hermione yelled over the next song that just came on.

"No. Now come dance." Draco said, offering out his hand for Hermione. She just stared at the pale hand in front of her. Hermione was about to take it when two figures strolled over to them, Hermione immediately dropped her hand back down to her side. It was Blaise and Pansy who went over to them, as they both sat down either side of Draco and Hermione.

Pansy, of course, had a small glass of fire whiskey in her hand from beside Hermione. Blaise had two shots of vodka in each hand from beside Draco.

"Draco, come dance! It's fun." Blaise shouted loudly over the roar of the party music. He stood up and stood in front of Draco, gesturing to the party floor. If Blaise didn't even look that drunk, or acted that drunk, even though he was, Draco must have took lots more drinks than Blaise!

"Actually I was just about to dance with--" before Draco could finish his sentence, Hermione touched Draco's arm, which immediately shut him up.

"--go. I'll hang with drunk Pansy!" Hermione chuckled, before turning to Pansy, who was doing what Draco was doing earlier and was swinging back and forth of her seat, she didn't fall off it luckily though like Draco did. Draco and Blaise stood up and left.

"Hey.. Drunk girl!" Hermione joked, smiling widely at Pansy, who was smiling widely back. Hermione's smile turned into a smirk as she examined Pansy. "How drunk are you?" Hermione asked, trying not to laugh.

"I'm sober enough to know that Draco likes you. I heard everything just then." Pansy smirked proudly, still swinging on her chair as Pansy took one big sip of her fire whiskey.

"What? N..no, Pansy. He was drunk. Trust me, he didn't mean what he just said." Hermione stated, laughing never nervously and uncomfortably.

"Hermione, have you ever gotten drunk before?" Pansy asked, putting her fire whiskey on to the table and stopped swaying on her chair to face Hermione.

"Um... No... Why? I don't see the point why I should need to." Hermione shrugged with a tiny but curious frown on her face. Pansy had whispered something on the lines of 'goody two shoes' to herself so Hermione couldn't here.

"Hermione, let me tell you something about getting drunk. Getting just is a weaker version of veritaserum! Alcohol may make people childish, weak and dizzy.. But people tell the truth, even if they might forget saying it the next morning! What Draco just said, he meant. Even the way he said it, in a loving and caring tone! He wants to dance and have fun with you, so go find him, Hermione." Pansy explained. How could Pansy act so sober and normal when she was clearly drunk and tipsy.

After hesitating, Hermione looked in to Pansy's encouraging eyes and nodded. "Okay, I'll go find him.

Pansy squealed with excitement and Hermione chuckled before jumping out of her seat and moving away through the crowd, bumping into people as she passed and then saying sorry afterwards.

Hermione then spotted the platinum blond shiny hair that she could spot anywhere; Draco's.

Hermione rushed over to where his shiny hair was, but then stopped in mid step, almost tripping over from her heels. Hermione felt her heart being ripped out of her, like someone had reached inside her and pulled it out, leaving her heartless. Even though Draco and Hermione were not together, Hermione felt like Draco was making Hermione feel forever alone, and heartless.

There Draco stood, kissing a girl who Hermione didn't recognise. The girl had black hair that reached just above her waist, and as the girl quickly opened her eyes before closing them again, Hermione saw that her eyes were a beautiful green. The girl had a nice pink blush for makeup on her cheeks, and a beautiful dark crimson colour to her lips as the girl smiled against Draco's passionate kiss. The girl also had a nice glittery purple added to her eyelids, with black eyeliner and mascara. She was stunning.

Hermione could never compete with this girl. So Hermione just watched Draco smile against the kiss with this unknown girl, as the girl was deepening it. She was really going at it! Who was this young girl!?

Hermione couldn't watch this anymore. Even though Draco and Hermione used to hate eachother, Hermione felt numb as she thought that she had fallen for the Slytherin prince, but now Hermione had realised that they could never be together. Draco will get married to this black haired girl and have a whole bunch of kids, and then Blaise and Pansy will get married and also have kids, and Hermione will be left alone with no one and will be forgotten. How could Hermione let herself fall for her old enemy!?

..........

The next chapter: Draco tries to convince Hermione that it meant nothing, but Hermione doesn't fall for it. Hermione and Ginny have a moment! Obviously not a romantic moment, but a moment when they just sat there and talking about Hermione's secrets that she knew that Ginny could keep. It's sweet!