5

Kangin could smell it from a mile away.

He'd always been the best tracker of the group, and it wasn't always the best talent. He could trace animals for miles and he'd helped find lost pups more than once,  but the scent of another alpha on his omega made him go mad.

He couldn't bear it any longer. He didn't even bother to try and knock on Kyuhyun's door, he just barrelled in and slammed the door behind him "What the fuck were you doing with Ryeowook?"

"How the fuck do you know about that?" Kyuhyun asked, scrambling against the back of his small hut.

"He fucking stinks of you. Did you fuck? Mate him? What the fuck did you do?" Kangin asked, grabbing Kyuhyun's hair and pushing his head back against the wall

"Why do you wanna know? You into watching?" Kyuhyun said with a smirk, but when Kangin's grip tightened he spoke again "He came here and started trying to mate me but I pushed him off and told him to go to bed"

"You fucking liar. He's got his heart set on that good-for-nothing fake alpha. You lay another finger on him and I'll tear you limb from limb"

Kyuhyun snarled and lashed out, launching himself upwards and managing to push Kangin against the wall.

"He's not even your fucking omega. Don't lay claim to what's not yours" Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes and kissed Kangin quickly, making him panic and try to pull away, then kneed him in the balls "Never underestimate a good distraction."

Kangin doubled over, growled, grabbed Kyuhyun's hair on the way down and pushed him to the ground. "You fucking pussy- you acting like a fucking omega now? What the are you even doing?"

Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes and blew Kangin a mocking kiss. "You snooze, you lose." He'd deal with him later. Breakfast was waiting.
——

Heechul sat behind his mate, wrapping his arms around his waist and smelling the smoke on his skin. He was cooking for everyone again, he knew he was the best at cooking and gladly made everyone full portions. It was one of the rare days where Ryeowook didn't want to help. He seemed preoccupied, but neither of them knew why.

"How's breakfast?" Heechul asked, resting his head in the crook of Leeteuk's neck. He spread his legs and sat right up against his back, since Leeteuk was sat cross-legged on the floor.

"Good, as always. How are the children?"

The pack to them, were their children. Sometimes affectionately, sometimes patronisingly.

"As usual. I haven't seen Kyuhyun yet though, I don't know where he is." Heechul explained. He'd heard Kangin cursing him to hell and back, but no sight of him. Yet.

Ryeowook came running out of the forest at full pelt, looking like he'd been chased. He was red-faced and panting, and Kyuhyun soon followed.

Heechul rolled his eyes and stood up "Hey! What have you two been doing?"

Ryewook looked nervously at Heechul, biting his lip nervously "Uh- nothing?"

Heechul narrowed his eyes and walked up to them "Tell me the truth, both of you"

"Kangin got mad at me because Ryeowook came to talk to me last night and he could smell me on Ryeowook. Ryeowook walked off and I went to talk to him about it. Nothing else" Kyuhyun explained, and Ryeowook shuffled uncomfortably on the spot.