Chapter 14: Idiot

“Guys, stop!” I yelled, moving towards James. I pulled his arm and started pulling him back into the living room. “James!” I yelled even louder. Danny finally got Ben out of the door and Andy quickly shut the door on them.

“Was he serious just now?” James asked, looking at me. I shrugged and he shook his head angrily. Andy folded his arms and leaned on the wall. “Okay so maybe… this wasn’t the best idea, huh? Cassidy, you can’t really say that you’re surprised” Andy said.

“Are you crazy!? Of course I’m surprised! I asked him to play nice! Ben always listens to me!” I complained. Andy snorted and sighed. “That’s true. Maybe he just really didn’t like you, James.”

“What did I do to him? He just started attacking me” James said. Well, actually, Ben was being…well Ben and James freaked out. Ben asked a simple question and James got defensive. James must have noticed the look on my face because he questioned me. “You think it’s my fault?”

“Well…” I started. Andy shook his head quickly but it was too late to retract. “Cassidy, he was trying to claim you as his and then called me a joke to my face” he said. Andy looked at me again and quickly shook his head. “Well, actually, Ben just repeated what I told you a billion times and you got mad. You interpreted everything the way you wanted without even caring that you were meeting one of my friends. You just let your ego take over and tried to kill one of my friends” I said in one breath. I should really learn to control myself. Andy is usually right and maybe I should listen to him more often. Andy closed his eyes and shook his head, expressing that I had said the wrong thing.

“My ego? Really, Cassidy? I’ve been open minded about meeting all of your friends” he said. He was starting to give me that look that he gave Ben. “Yeah, well I didn’t know that it was such a problem for you. You didn’t have to meet my friends; that was your choice” I said. Andy looked at me like I was crazy and I shrugged. James, he is an awesome dude but I’m not going to side with him when this argument was clearly his fault.

“So, in your mind, I never wanted to meet your other friends AND I’m the one who started the fight with Ben when he threw in my face that you two sleep together. Often. You actually plan on sleeping together tonight” he said. Sensing that I was probably going to really start this argument, Andy stood up.

“Cassidy, stop now before you regret it. James, maybe you should go home and sleep on this before you two… go crazy” Andy reasoned. James stood up and nodded before going to the door. He didn’t say anything and I didn’t either. Andy made sure that he went to his car, rather than going to kill Ben, and then called the boys back in the house. As I started walking to my room, I made sure to send Ben a death glare. “What did I do?” he asked. I ignored his stupid question and continued walking to my room.

I closed my door, sat on my bed and waited. I stared at the door until it opened and Ben walked in. He shut the door and then jumped onto my bed. He put his head into my lap and sighed with fake happiness. “Isn’t forgiveness amazing?” he asked.

“Um, no. Forgiveness is shit” I said. Ben laughed and sat up. “Seriously, what did I do? He started with me first. I KNOW that you saw that look he gave me” he defended.

“Yeah, he gave you a look and that makes it okay for you to verbally attack him?” I asked. Ben groaned and lied back on my bed before pulling a pillow over his head. “Cassidy, your boyfriend is a dick and he is not the right one for you” he said. He peeked up at me from under the pillow and I frowned. That really hurt. Ben, Danny, and Andy were the closest people to me. So when they disagreed with my boyfriends it really affected me. “So you don’t like him?” I asked sadly.

“Aw, come on. Don’t give me that look, Cass” Ben said. I sighed heavily and Ben gave me a pained look. “Seriously, don’t do that with your face… Stop! You’re making me feel bad!” he said.