Chapter Five

Ace gently opened her eyes when she heard a small knock at her door. She groaned softly and yelled out so that whoever was at her door would know she was on her way to open it.

   When she opened the door, she was met with Frigga's smiling face.

  "Goodmorning, darling. I've brought you some new clothes. You have a long day, so get to it!" Her tone was cheerful. Ace groggily smiled as Frigga shut the door behind her.

  Ace padded to her small bathroom where a basin of hot water sat. She cleaned herself as good as possible. The hot water felt so nice to her skin, she wanted to stay there, but she couldn't let herself. Then, she brushed her teeth and put on the dress that Frigga had provided for her. It was a loose blue dress with light weight fabric that flowed around her. With the dress, was a golden breastplate that she slid over her head. She fastened the ties and looked at herself in the mirror. Ace quite liked this fashion. Earth was way behind.

  She looked at herself in a small mirror. Her hair was still damp and she didn't want it to get in her way, so Ace wove it in a long neat braid. She lifted her hands up to her face and watched her skin as she pushed ice through her veins. The paleness of her skin created a translucent illusion. She had never noticed it until the people on earth started pointing it out. Her veins were extremely prominent, and probably the thing that set her apart from the midgardians the most. The ice flows through her veins, and it expands, making her veins appear even bluer. It was a detail you had to be close up to see, but it was something that she never got tired of watching. She pushed her ice harder. Her body turned hurtfully cold, but it was a pain she was used to. It was a pain that almost felt good now. Her veins turned ice blue and began to expand. She just watched until ice shot from her fingertips to the mirror, shattering it. Ace sighed, stepping back.

  Ace shook her head and left the small bathroom, stepping over the fallen glass. Frigga was there waiting patiently for her.

  "Oh, I'm sorry. If I would've known you were waiting I would've hurried myself." Ace apologized. Her face reddened at the thought of Frigga hearing her accidentally break the mirror. But Frigga didn't even bring it up. She didn't even miss a beat. She never did.

  "No need. Every lady needs her time." Frigga smiled with much understanding.

Ace gave a smile in return and joined her. They began to walk the opposite corridor of the one Ace explored last night. She took a longing glance in the other direction. She wanted to return to Loki and learn more. Ace assumed that Frigga and her would be training today with her dragon, but she yearned for more knowledge about what life was like on Evimeria. But if Loki knew this much, maybe Frigga knows even more...

Ace wasn't sure how to bring up the subject without revealing her new forbidden knowledge, and also revealing that she snuck down into the dungeons to see the guy that tried to take over Earth.

"So, Frigga, do you know anything about the...society of Evimeria?" She questioned cautiously.

  She thought about Loki's face compared to Frigga's. But Ace found no similiaries. However, they did have a similar mannerisms that Ace was noticing.

Frigga let out a gentle laugh.

"Yes, and I dare say that I know even more about it than my son, Loki." Frigga smiled playfully. Ace's eyes grew wide.

"Oh shoot, I am so sorry. I just, I couldn't sleep and I was wandering around, I didn't mean to find him. I mean, I wasn't looking for him in particular. I just happened-" Frigga held up her hand to stop Ace's rambling.

"It's quite alright, dear. I am not upset. If I didn't trust you to wander around, I wouldn't have made it so easy for you." She comforted. Ace wasn't sure how to feel about that. Should she take that as a compliment?