Wait where were they going?

'Uhm, so where are we going?'

'You'll find out in a minute. Be patient love', was her answer as she grabbed his hand and rubbed small circles on the back of his hand with her thumb.

If Britain could melt he would've, the sound of the pet name making his belly jump and a small grin danced on his lips.

'Ok.'

Driving he could see several restaurants and attractions lining the street they rode down, wondering which one it was until he had his answer when they pulled into the parking lot of Dave & Buster's.

I guess this should be fun.

The night wore on as each of them got to know each other. Alex's favorite color was also blue, though she preferred brighter shade compared to the darker hues Britain often wore. She also loved sports , though Britain was certainly never the athletic type. Enjoyed watching basketball if he compelled to watch though.

After earning some points, after which Alex handed Britain a stuffed bear, much to his internal glee but outward chagrin, sat down to eat, talking about what they loved and disliked, their visions and goals for the future.

'I've always wanted to coach, but I don't think I'm patient enough to do deal with other people.'

Alex was explaining what she'd envisioned herself doing in the future, and she'd gone on a tangent about how much she enjoyed basketball, listing off stats and games he'd only known about due to proximity to other people's conversations.

She was actually kinda cute when she started talking about things she wa passionate about, and the more she spoke the bigger her smile grew, a twinkle in her eyes popping up when she seems rather excited.

In comparison, Britain thought of himself of as kinda... boring. All he liked to do was read and play video games a lot, and even though those things were his sweet spot in life, he kinda held back because he didn't think them worth anything.

'So what do you like to do?'

Britain's heart started to race, the pounding in his chest increasing, not wanting to sound boring but clearly acknowledging Alex's desire to learn about him.

'Lol after what you just said I don't think I can top it.'

'Try me', was her response, still prodding and determined to get an answer.

Honestly I live to read. I'm kinda embarrassed cause my closet if filled halfway with books, I really don't even have a lot of room for them......'

'What do you read?', Alex asked curiously putting a hand under her chin as if to say I'm listening.

'I read a lot history and politics, and there's some fantasy novels stacked in there too. I guess you could say I like to read a a lot.

'That sounds nice actually. Maybe you could... tell me some more later?'

Britain didn't know what it was, but he guessed that he'd question was loaded, but he just didn't know the underlying question. So he kept going as best as he could.

'Yea sure, what specifically. I've got presidential bios, political commentaries, world histor'-

'Uhh, maybe I can pick one later.'

'Oh, alright.' Britain's face turned pink again, not knowing that he might be throwing too much at Alex at one time. Burning back to their food, they joked around as they observed everyone else in the place, watching the time go by until it rather late. And quite honestly he didn't want to leave, but he knew they would eventually.

After a while, Alex stood up and fixed herself up, reaching her hand out to the him.

'Come on, lemme take you home.'

Alexandra

Alex was sweating.

Even though she'd never thought it could happen with anyone she dated, Britain was making her hands clammy, a light sheen coating her fingers around the wheel as the drive down the highway.

Did he enjoy himself?

Did I do everything right?

What did he think of me?

What made her nervous the most out of the situation was the fact that she had trouble reading his face. If it wasn't pink with a blush or flashing a smile she wished he showed more, his face was often blank, and that made her nervous. Not being able to read people stressed her out.

Most people documented their dates, whether it be through pictures, Snapchat, or even not so subtly texting their friends. But Britain was different.

At the moment a few locs fell over his face, which was turned toward the window, gazing out the window at the snow flakes dropping steadily on the ground.

Was he bored?

Not impressed?

What'd she do to make him go..... silent?

Pulling into the parking lot of his dorm, Alex turned off the car as they both sat in silence for a few seconds. Turning toward him to say good night, she was surprised to find him doing what she'd done earlier, and pressed his lips gently against hers.

Returning the gesture, she chuckled when she noticed that it was quite awkward, and Alex could tell he'd never done that before. After parting, she looked into his eyes, which quickly darted away from hers, something she noticed he did a lot.

'T-Thanks for tonight, it was really nice.'

'You're welcome, I had fun.'

'I did too.'

Britain awkwardly opened the passenger door, much Alex's chagrin and stepped out, shyly waving goodbye before darting out of the cold and into the heat of the building.

Alex really didn't want him to go, but she  let him, realizing that they both needed to process tonight. She leaned back and smirked, eager to see if it would happen again.

COMMENTTTTTTTTTTT