He was holding a woman's hand. I was shocked to see him here and with a woman. They must were getting serious if he was bringing her around us.

"Hey Mimi." Uncle Amir greeted Mom with a hug then did a handshake with Papa. He then turned to the woman beside him, wrapping his arm around her waist. "This is my girlfriend Angel."

Angel

Angel

"Nice to meet you Angel." My mom said, giving her a hug. "I was wondering how long it was going to take him to introduce you to us." She glanced at him.

Angel laughed a little. "It's nice to meet you both. Amir has told me so much about you. I feel like I'm in front of Beyoncé right now."

"Don't hype her up." Uncle Amir said.

"Seems like you've been doing it already big bro." My mom winked at him.

Papa and Angel exchanged hugs before Uncle Amir led her to where we were sitting. "These are my nappyheaded nieces and nephews." He pointed to us in order in which we were sitting. "Nia, Chase, Jamila and Saint."

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said, getting up to greet her with a hug. The rest of them did the same.

"I'm a big fan of your work." Angel looked at me. I looked at her a bit confused. "Aren't you a painter?"

"Oh, yeah." I said, nodding my head. "I haven't painted in so long, sometimes I forget."

"What? Really? You have a God given talent. I think you should start back. And I'm originally from Houston so your name is heavy down there considering your Arts Foundation. My daughter is in one of the programs."

"Wow. I guess you don't really realize your impact until you hear it or see it." I said.

Amir

Amir

The couple took their seats with Uncle Amir sitting beside me.

     "I didn't know you were coming." I leaned over to whisper to him.

He looked at me. "I needed the vacation. Angel kinda convinced me to come, too. And I felt it was the right time to let y'all meet her."