Chapter Eleven: That Nap will Have to Wait

Noah, Claire and I walk over to the pole that has a sheet of paper on it.

It states that we are to prepare to be one with nature, as we would be involved in a 'survival of the fittest' competition. I was guessing that they would drop us off in the middle of the island and that we would have to find our way back to the school.

The paper also said that the second part of the first event would happen at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. I looked at my watch to see that it was 9:30 p.m. now. Which meant that I only had about three hours to get ready before I needed to go to bed in order to be ready for tomorrow.

Noah, Claire and I all agreed that we would help each other out tomorrow. If we were dropped off any where around each other. Then all three of us head back to the dormitories to start packing for tomorrow.

Once I'm in my dorm. I grab my emergency pack. Which has a compass, matches, an emergency blanket, a whistle, pepper spray, bear maze, a first aid kit, extra socks, extra mittens, and extra underwear, a canteen, some beef jerky as well as dried fruit, and it also had a toque in it.

I put my emergency pack in my backpack and put a sweater and extra water bottle in it. I pray that I have everything that I could possibly need. If I didn't, then who knows what could happen to me tomorrow.

As I lie on my bed, looking at the ceiling, I begin to think. And one thought that seemed to be doing laps around my mind is what kind of school did I sign up for?

***

Then next day I wake up at five a.m. I sit on the edge of my bed, dressed and ready to go on the second part of the first event. I sat on the edge of the chair in my kitchen.

I'm anxious to get this over with. While I sit there I wonder where I am going to be in less than a half hour. Maybe I'll be in the middle of a forest. Or maybe I will be in the middle of the ocean on a little raft. Or maybe I'll be....

Knock Knock Knock

I open the door and Brenna barges in.

"Can I help you?" I ask her.

"Actually I'm here to help you, now come on our guide is waiting for us downstairs."

I grab my emergency bag and follow her out the door. We walk out of the building adn there is a guy waiting outside. He looks up and smiles when he sees us.

"Brenna!" he exclaims. "Sun light is burning, let's get a move on."

"Wait", Brenna says, "There's one more person coming. Oh and there he is."

He? I really hope its not, oh golly it is.

"Noah?" Brenna's friend questions.

"Ethan! Hows it going?" Noah asks him.

"Pretty good, are you coming with us too?" Brenna's friend, Ethan, continues to talk to Noah.

"Hey Ethan?" I interrupt them."Didn't you say that we needed to get a move on? Doesn't that mean that we should get going?"

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot." He says and then walks away.

Noah, Brenna and I stand there.

"Well," Ethan starts when he turns around, "Aren't you guys coming?"

We all exchange a look and then grab out stuff and follow Ethan.

"So where are we going?" Brenna puffed out when we finally caught up with Ethan.

"We're going to the very bottom of the hill on the other side of the island. But I can only go halfway with you guys, if I go any farther you guys would get caught. And getting caught would mean losing the competition." He tells us.

****

"I'm tired." Brenna whined.

"You know what, I am too." Noah said. "How about we take a ten minute break or something. Is that okay Ethan?"

"Huh?" Ethan grunts. He looks around stunned and then continues, "Oh sorry, I was sort of zoned out. Hey we've been walking for a long time. Why don't we take a break?"

Once again, Brenna and I exchange a look of confusion but shrug it off because we are both exhausted.

I sit down and lean against a tree, while drinking out of my water bottle and eating a granola bar. I am completely bushed. I close my eyes and I'm almost asleep when someone shakes me awake.

I unwillingly open my eyes and I see Brenna holding a finger to her mouth while she points with the other hand at something. I rub my eyes and try to focus on the direction that she's pointing. Oh my lord.

She's pointing at a snake. A freaken snake. I mouth "poisonous?" She nods her head yes and that's as quick as I stand up, pack my nags and shake Noah awake. He begrudgingly stands up and once I point out the snake to him he is more than happy to leave our spot.

I guess my well deserved nap has to wake.

While I was wasting Noah up, Brenna woke Ethan up. He showed us to a river.

"Follow this and it will lead you to a cave. Inside the cave there is box. Open it and grab a bottle. Do not break the bottle because you will need it later. Read the clue inside the bottle." Ethan told us. "Now I'm heading back, so see you later!"

*****

When we reached the cave it was nothing like I expected. It was clean. Nothing like the caves in the movies.

We walked into the cave and headed straight to the box. We opened it. There were at least a hundred bottles in there. I grabbed a smaller version of a wine bottle, Brenna grabbed a decorative bottle and Noah grabbed a bottle that just looked old.

We then proceeded out of the cave and started the long walk back to campus.

About half way back to school we opened our bottles.

The note inside said
"Two thirds of the world is water yet we have only discovered at tenth of our worlds oceans. Be ready to discover how large that ocean is. Tomorrow at sunrise. Head back to the dock where you picked up the first clue and be ready to craft your way to safety and to send your wish to be the finalist."

"What does this mean?" Brenna asked.

"It means that we need to get back to our dorms so that we can get a good nights rest. C'mon." Noah says and starts walking towards campus. I shrugged and followed him.

Maybe I will get that nap after all.

*****
I apologize for not updating in a while. Wattpad did not save this chapter which I write so I was really upset with the app.

I apologize for taking that out on you, my readers, you didn't deserve that sorry that this is short. But I hope you enjoyed it anyways.

Sorry again for the delayed update.

Lots of love.

oh and please vote and comment.