Poking the Beast (Cult pt. 1)

So i lost my phone at school, thankfully it was turned in, but whoever it was kept the phone case and pop socket but turned in the phone and sd card inside it, it is incredibly weird
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke woke up that morning feeling fairly content. Throwing on a fresh white tee and some black jeans, he began to trim his beard. Since his coming to Hope County, his beard had grown quite a bit. Lily enjoyed playing with it.

The top of his back stung where the word lust was written, just underneath where sloth was written. His eyes traced what could be seen of hus other sins. Envy and pride were tattooed onto his arms, a painful reminder of how lost he once was.

His hand grazed the raised skin of the word wrath, added right alongside the other three sins.

Lust, for the way he always greedily attached himself to a woman in an attempt to feel what his had for his wife, what he feels now for Lily. To simply be happy with her presence, not needing to always show he was with them in disgusting ways.

Envy, for the ways he stared at other families, controlled by the longing of his own, clouding his judgement and casting his hatred on those who were held by those close to them.

Pride, the sin that almost cost him his life. Refusal of help from Joseph to keep him alive at first. Refusing to believe that those he trusted would ever lie to him and he wouldn't catch it. But no, those were not his worst sins. Buried under the Sloth that had ripped out, the present lust, envy, and pride, laid his most potent sin.

Wrath. It festered inside of him like a plague. At times it would consume him whole and drive him to violent actions, actions that led to the taking of his father's life. Actions that no doubt would have eventually led to his own untimely demise.

Luckily, Joseph had saved him. He had shown Luke that he was so very, very wrong. And Lily, dear sweet Lily had helped Luke along the way. Her presence was a humble comfort to him. And he loved her, genuinely. His world seemed to slowly revolve around the project and Lily.

A sudden knock on his door was all it took to grab his attention. He had decided to stay in the compound and not in the main Warden camp, it made protecting Lily easier. Opening his door, he smiled at Lily, who wore a light blue sundress. His expression fell into a oft smile. He wanted nothing more than to protect her.

"Wow Luke, you always know how to make me feel overdressed don't you." She shyly turned her head away with a giggle.

"Nah, I'm always underdressed. You look beautiful. So, I'm guessing your already ready then?" Luke held out his arm and she wrapped her own arms around it.

Closing his door behind him, they entered the livingroom of the spare house where John, Joseph, and Faith were all present. A large picture of Jacob hung from the wall, his death troubled the Seeds, but worst of all Luke felt terrible about it.

It had been three of his bullets that would help kill those around him, which in turn led to his death. His blue eyes bore into Luke, the weight of his guilt becoming crippling. Luke couldn't look at the picture at all.

"Luke, he does bot blame you. Your eyes and mind were clouded by the sin of those around you. Your actions were not truly your own." Joseph placed his hands on Luke's face, drawing his attention. Lucy rubbed his arm calmly, trying to calm Luke before he has another fit.

Luke nodded but pulled away. He hated it, but his pride was telling him not to accept Joseph's help, that all of this was his doing.

"I'm fine, and I understand Joseph. We have a sermon to attend." With that Luke and Lily left for the church. Joseph and his siblings watched as they left, before giving eachother a look. Luke was still not completely free from sin.

~Post Sermon~

Joseph exited the church to see his followers greeting each other and John. Scanning the crowd, his eyes locked onto Luke and Lily. Luke seemed to be entertaining a child with some simple magic tricks, like pulling a coin from behind the child ear. He smiled before rurning to the people approaching him.

"Hello Father." The young woman in front of him said, but her eyes remained on Luke, a lustful glint in her eye. Since his arrival, several women have tried to force themselves onto Luke.

"Ivy, please control your lust, Luke is on a difficult path of atonement. He has almost conquered his sin of lust, do not make him revert to his old ways. He has found a woman he loves and wishes to protect in sister Lily." Ivy looked down in shame, she was a rather new member to the project, and Joseph began to fear that she may be a test of Luke's faith.

He is shaky at best. Joseph knew when he confronted the Deputy, Luke's newfound faith would be strained to its limits.

His attention was pulled away from that as he watched more of his flock introduce themselves to Luke, after the incedent that led to Jacob's demise, Luke was not well liked by the Project. He was the fall for a lot the flocks wrath.

Luke berated himself for Jacob's death. He still had a long way to go until he would be completely free of sin, his wrath is almost ingrained into his body. The flock mingled for ten minutes before returning to their days.

Joseph looked around for Luke and Lily, but had no such luck. The sound of explosions rocked in the distance. Joseph turned towards the sound as Faith and John came to his side. Luke rushed out of the guest house with Lily in tow shouting over his radio.

"What the hell do you mean the Father's statue was destroyed. You not only let her steal my truck but you let her destroy Joseph's statue! I want the names of the Wardens in charge of protecting those areas! Now!"

Joseph calmly walked over and placed his hand on Luke's shoulder and carefully took the radio.

"This is Faith's region, let her take care of this. Faith, show the lamb her path." Luke approached her and pulled her into a hug.

"My Wardens in the Henbane are at your command. Bring her home Faith. Bring her home."