Chapter 13

Ashton's arms wrapped around my waist and I nuzzled into his chest. Moments like this were when I knew everything was going right.

"I could stay here forever." Ashton whispered into my hair. I shivered.

"So could I." I looked back up at his beautiful face and saw him close his eyes and lean in. I found myself leaning in too. Our lips were about to collide and that made my stomach flip.

"Kiss me."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?" Michael's voice boomed into the room.

My eyes shot open and my eyes immediately landed on Ashton's chest. My body flew up. I looked around the room and saw Michael seething at Ashton, who was laying awake, and I who had just been snuggled together in his bed. I noticed that we were in the same clothes from the party last night and I realized that we never had changed. Ashton sat up, pulling himself infront of my body in a protectve postion. I held on to the shirt he had managed to keep on last night which surprised me because he usually refused to sleep with one on. I looked at Michael over Ashton's shoulder.

"Michael calm down." Ashton's tone was calming but I could hear the edge to it. Michael scoffed.

"Why should I? You're the only who I found cuddled up with your ex-girlfriend, who just happens to be my girlfriend." When he emphasized the words ex and my, making Ashton cringe. I could tell he wanted to rip Michael's head off. When he started to get up to do just that I rubbed my thumbs into his back and whimpered. He couldn't leave me. He immediately relaxed into my touch and tried to calm himself down.

"You know what the thing is, Michael? The thing is, is that I didn't get drunk and try to assault my own girlfriend. I didn't make her so scared that she didn't want to leave the bathroom. But you know what I did do? I did, however, find her. I also comforted her. I took her home, I stayed with her. I did your job." Ashton practically spat out the last sentence. Michael looked like he was at a loss for words. His eyes looked at me and turned soft.

"Is that true, babe?" Michael's voice was considerably quieter than before. I nodded my head. He tried to step closer to me but I shrunk into Ashton's back. I saw hurt flash in his eyes.

"Baby, I...I didn't mean too. I don't know what I was doing. I don't even remember doing that. I'm sorry." I saw how choked up he was. I wanted to comfort him but I was immobile and still immensely afraid after last night. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't find words. Ashton said something before I could find any words to say to him.

"Maybe if you didn't drink and get high last night you wouldn't have done anything and this wouldn't be happening." Michael looked at his feet ashamed.

"Can we talk alone, Harley?" I didn't want to be anywhere alone with Michael at the moment, I just wanted to stay hidden away with Ashton. I knew that Michael wouldn't hurt me now because he wasn't drunk but I didn't want to even be near him.

"I can't right now, Michael, I need some time." He nodded his head and started to walk towards the door. He looked back for a moment and sighed.

"I'm not going to go to our room okay? I'll give you time to go change and stuff without bothering you." I nodded my head and let him exit the room. Ashton turned to look at me and I released his shirt. He held my hands when his body was fully facing mine, interlocking our fingers. His thumbs rubbed small circles into the space inbetween my thumb and index finger.

"Are you okay, b-Harley?" I could tell Ashton was about to call me baby but he stopped himself. I shook my head.

"He looks so sorry and I want to forgive him but I can't seem to because what he did was not okay." Ashton nodded in understanding. He lifted one of his fingers to touch the bandages on my neck. He stroked them gently.