Chapter 7

"We're here babe." I slipped out from under Mikey's arm shivering, feeling disconnected from his warmth. Of course Mikey noticed though and took off his sweatshirt, draping it over my shoulders. I slide my arms into the sleeves which were much to long for my arms. I wasn't exactly small but I wasn't anywhere near Mikey's size.

Michael pointed at the play set that I loved dearly, and he knew what I wanted to do. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the truck as fast as I could. He chuckled at my antics but obeyed letting me tug him toward the swings. I sat on the swing and looked at him expectantly, he rolled his eyes and walked behind me. He grabbed the chains of the swings and pulled me back, I threw my head back when he let me go so that I was flying through the air. I couldn't stop the fit of giggles I was having from the childish fun he knew that I loved. He began to push me back and forth just letting me soak in the joy that I was having. After about 10 minutes I began to tire of this activity.

"Mikey! I'm gonna jump, so you better catch me!" My voice was in a joking tone but I knew he would catch me. He'd always catch me. He scurried in front of the swing set and waited for my movement. When the perfect opportunity to jump came I felt myself fly through the air into his waiting arms. My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck, he grabbed my waist with his hands and bent his knees to make a better base. I looked up at his blue eyes with my brown ones. He looked down at me with a cute little smile on his face. He began to lean closer to me, closing his eyes. I realized what was happening and I unwrapped my legs, jumping out of his grasp. His eyes opened up looking confused.

"Is everything okay?" He sounded so concerned and a bit hurt. I looked away from him for a moment.

"I'm just a bit sick, Mikey. I didn't want to give it to you when I knew you where recording soon." I made my voice sound reasonably believable for his benefit. He looked at me curiously but nodded his head. I grabbed his hand and tugged him toward his truck again because I was getting cold. "I'm chilly. Can we go to your house to get some dinner?"

Michael looked happy at the thought of food, he proceeded to interlock our fingers and drag me to his truck. Even though his house was across the other way he wanted to take the truck so he wouldn't have to pick it up later. He always did this. We walked together up his front steps and slipped inside. I could smell Michael's mom, Karen, cooking something delicious and quickly scampered into the kitchen. I could hear Mikey chuckle at me but ignored him. Michelle looked lovely as usual and quickly wiped her hands off when she saw me enter the room.

"Oh honey it's so good to see you!" She tugged me into a hug and squeezed the life out of me. This is where Michael got his hugs from. "I'm just making some dinner, you're welcome to stay if you want."

"I'd love to! Is there anyway I can help?" Karen swiftly started telling me that I didn't need to do anything since she was only making burgers. I laughed at the way she was running about the kitchen, making sure everything was done and reading to put on the barbecue.

"We'll leave you to it then mum." Michael turns us around and drags me toward his room. I giggled as he sat on the sofa and pulled me into his lap. "So... What do you wanna do?"

I giggled at his playful tone, I really did like Michael, he just wasn't Ashton.

"Um we could play some video games." Even though I was complete shit at these types of things I knew he loved them. He pulled me closer to kiss me cheek.

"And this is why I keep you." I laughed at him.

"It's not because of my adorable personality? What about my movie star good looks? Or is it because I can sing?" Mikey chuckled and held me closer. I didn't have movie star good looks or an adorable personality, I was just me.

"Those are just bonuses." I giggled and jumped off his lap, grabbing two controllers. I handed one to Michael.

"You pick game, and something I might be able to play this time please." I sat on the couch and tucked my legs under me. Michael was still setting the game up so I checked my phone.

From: Ashton

"Wanna hang out tomorrow?"

From: Ashton

"We don't have to unless you want to but I mean it could be fun."

From: Ashton

"I shouldn't of asked sorry."

From: Ashton

"But if you still wanna hang out just text me about it later."

From: Ashton

"Or don't if you don't wanna hang out."

There were at least five more like that. I couldn't help but laugh a little causing Mikey to give me a confused look.

"Arielle sent me something funny." I was still laughing and smiling though so he walked over to see it. "Nope! You wouldn't get it. It's an inside joke."

He frowned slightly but gave up after a couple seconds. After he set the game up we played for about an hour before the food was all ready. As we everyone seemed to talk at once so I stayed silent. But a good silent, this was just one reason why I loved Mikey's family. I continued to silently eat my food until I was finished. I started to pay attention to the conversation and add when it was appropriate. At this point they were talking about Michael going with the band to London soon. I was pretty bummed that they were all going to be gone for awhile but I guess that's what I get for dating someone in a band.

I have been told multiple times by all the boys, even Ashton when we were still together, that I needed to Skype them all at least once a day which made me laugh. I was planning on having many phone calls, video chats, and text messages with them all, excluding Ashton. I couldn't let my old feelings for him grow, I could handle group video chats but not anything alone. I closed my eyes and pictured us last night, I was a mess and shouldn't of let him come over. I shook the images away.

"How would you feel about coming with us?" I looked at Michael shocked. I would love that but I don't think my parents would be okay with it.

"Mikey that sounds perfect but how would we get my parents to agree? I'd have to get a passport and I've never been on a plane. What if I get kidnapped like in that Liam Neeson movie. My parents would kill all of you!" I continued to babble on for a bit until Michael placed his hand over my mouth. I looked up at him and realized I had been looking at my lap the entire time just talking nonsense.

"I already asked your parents so I wouldn't get your hopes up if it was a no. They agreed since Liz and Anne Marie are coming. They trust them both." I smiled behind his hand, I hate to admit it but Ashton's mom, Anne Marie, was one of my favorite people and I missed her greatly. Plus Liz, Luke's mom, was fantastic. I took his hand off my mouth.

"Really!?!" Michael nodded his head. I jumped out of my chair and into his lap, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. I was in a pure state of bliss.