Wonho: The Wedding

I'm here standing, wearing my white tuxedo.

I'm waiting for her, nervous, as I am standing proudly.

While waiting for her, my hands start shaking and sweat starts to appear on my forehead.

"She'll be the happiest lady in the world" her dad tells me as he gives a gentle pat on my shoulder. I smile.

In a minute or two. the church's door opens.

There, she is walking on the aisle like a queen. She's so beautiful.

Then the band starts playing "A thousand years by Christina Perri".

The crowd stands up to pay respect to the bride. They are amazed by her beauty, and so am I.

This is the moment she has been waiting for so long, to wear her dream wedding gown. It suits her so well. In fact, that gown shows her perfect curves.

She looks at me, then smile. The smile that never fails to make my heart melt--I love it.

I cannot hold my tears anymore, they fall. My bestfriend caresses my back to calm me, but the tears cannot stop falling.

And once again, I look at her.

I'm getting nervous. As she is approaching the altar, my heart starts to beat uncontrollably. All I want to do is run to her and hug her tightly then tell her how much I love her. But no, I don't want to look funny.

She is now standing in front of me, smiling. I take a deep breath and smile back.

This is it, the wedding. The moment we have been waiting for.

I hold her hand, and give them a light squeeze. Her hands are extremely cold and shaking. "Everything's gonna be alright" I tell her as I carefully guide her to the altar.

In the altar, there, my bestfriend is waiting for us. He is also wearing a white tuxedo (better than what I am wearing right now). He has tears in his eyes but he still manages to smile at her.

"Please take care of her" I tell him. "Thank You" he mouths to me as I give him her hand.

It should be me.

I should be the one holding her hand right now.

I should be the one in his place

And...I should be the one telling her "I Do"

It's already too late...

"What should I do now?"

"Should I run to her and tell her to leave him?"

"Should I tell her she doesn't deserve him?"

Time flies so fast, and my time is up..This is the last time that I will love her.

I don't want to feel the pain anymore. It hurts so much watching them while as they both exchanges I do's and share their kiss.

"I DO..." These two words may be simple, but it can shatter one's heart.

I smile to the new couple for the last time then turn my back.

Wiping my own tears. This is it. I'm not gonna see her again. I hope she'll be happy with him.

I start to walk...to the church's entrance door.

Turning the doorknob slowly, I take one final glance at the new couple, smile, then leave the crowd with tears in my eyes.