Chapter 26: Two Guests (Milo)

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was too soon to be thinking kids. We had barely been together for five months. It did take nine months before our pup would be born. So we would have been together over a year by the time our baby would be born. With a sigh, I tossed them on the coffee table. All this baby talk was messing with my head. I was nineteen. I had plenty of time to have children.

I reached for the TV remote. Turning it on to a random channel, I wandered over to the kitchen. This house was too quiet. I had gotten used to Jedrek flopped across the couch watching some gossip show. I took out one of the cookbooks that Collin had bought me. Flipping to the page that I had marked earlier, I read off the ingredients. I had cooked enough to learn the hard words and I was pretty sure I had everything I needed. Hopefully, it turned out okay and our guests liked it.

***

I put the treats I made in the fridge and started to clean up. It was still a couple hours before Collin came home. I was kind of hoping that he might come back early.

Falling back onto the couch, I closed my eyes and listened to the rambling on the TV. Jed was right. It was rather boring during the day. I needed to figure out some different activities to keep myself busy. I was used to having to clean from sunup to sundown.

Turning onto my side, I stared at the screen until I heard someone at the door. I turned off the TV and jumped over the back of the couch.

Collin opened the door. "Hey."

I put my arms around his neck. "You're home early."

"Because I had to go pick a couple people up." He moved out of the way and motioned to the two humans standing in the hallway.

My mouth fell open. "Mom!" I ran to her. "You're here. You're really here."

With tears in her eyes, she clasped my cheek. "Look at you. Look at this hair." She brushed it to the side. "This is the color of your werewolf?"

I nodded. "I can show you later."

"Liya." I picked up my little sister and squeezed her to me. "You've gotten so big." I arched a brow. "I haven't even been gone very long."

She smiled but her eyes kept traveling to the black werewolf standing behind me.

I put her down. "I made some layered cake thing. I can't say the name right but do you want one?" I pressed Liya to my side. "It has some chocolate pudding in it."

Her face lit up. "Really? Chocolate?"

"I knew you'd want one." I took her hand and led her inside to the kitchen.

My mother followed behind us. Collin kept his distance and stood along the outskirts. I took the tray out of the fridge. Squealing with delight, Liya jumped up and down. She was so excited. I took it over to the table and handed her one.

"Let me get you a spoon." I grabbed a few and returned to the table.

Handing one to my mother, I sat down and watched them. They were both smiling so I assumed that it tasted good. I held one out to Collin.

He moved closer. "Thank you." My mate leaned against the island as he ate his.

"Do you like it?"

Liya nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, I made too many so if you want another one, you can."

"Yeah, I do," she said between mouthfuls.

I pressed her head to my chest and put another cup in front of her. My mother was eating her very slowly. I took the last of the cups off the tray and made sure to place one by her. It was such a relief to know they safe. Liya was still too young for my old master to punish her too harshly but it was only a matter of time.

"How are dad and Carter?"

My mother swallowed hard and glanced at Collin.

"They were sent to work for the pack in the lumberyard," said my mate. "I've talked to your own master and as soon as they are released, I'll buy them."

"We're all doing very well," she whispered. "We've been so worried about you." She placed her hand on top of mine. "I never would have thought you would find a werewolf to take you as a mate." Tears ran down her face. "We are so thankful that you were chosen."

I moved around the table and hugged her. "Collin is such a good man. He'll take care of all of us. He's high ranked and works with the beta."

"Really? That so good to hear." She turned to my mate and stood. "Sir, I think I should properly introduce myself. I'm Maria, Milo's mother. And this is"—she held out her hand to my sister, who hurried to our mother—"Liya, my daughter and Milo's sister and it seems, from now on, we will be in your care."

Collin smiled. "It good to finally meet you." He knelt down to Liya's level. "I have to say I didn't think anyone was prettier than Milo until I saw you." He pulled out a little candy from behind his back.

"For me, sir?" she whispered. "I can have it?"

"Call me Collin." He handed it to her and stood.

Liya grinned and took off the wrapper. "Are you really my brother's mate?"

Collin nodded. "It took some begging on my part but he finally agreed." He put his hand on my shoulder. "His werewolf form is rather cute. Do you want to see?"

My sister nodded. "Is it the same color as your hair, Milo?"

"Yeah." I stood and took off my shirt.

My mother's breath caught. "Milo." She brushed her fingers along the smooth skin. "They're gone."

I nodded, getting a little choked up myself. "Another perk to being claimed by a werewolf."

I peeked up Collin but bowed my head so he wouldn't see that I was getting emotional. Clearing my throat, I handed my mate my shirt and took a deep breath. I still wasn't great at shifting but after a few seconds, I was able to feel the energy start to move. My fur pushed out from my skin and I felt my face and feet shift to their new places.

Liya hugged me around the waist. "You're so fluffy and soft." She smiled up at me. "You're the best werewolf ever."

"Your fur is beautiful." My mother ran her hand down my arm. "So you're a sub?"

I nodded, taking off my pants. "Yeah. Even as a human, it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to be any more than that."

"That's not true." My mother rested her head against my shoulder. "I knew you were something special since you were born and I'm so happy that you found someone who saw it as well."

Collin gave me a small smile.

"Can I have the other one?" Liya pointed at the glass layered with cake and pudding.

"You can have as many as you like. I have some leftover so I can make even more if you're still hungry."

"Don't eat too much," said Collin. "Dinner should be here in about an hour."

We sat down at the table and continued eating while we caught up. Collin even added in a bit to the conversation. It was amazing to think that I was going to have my family back together. When I was sold, I thought I would never see them again. To think that we'd soon be reunited and my family would be moving to the human compound was like a dream.

It was any human's hope they'd be turned into a werewolf and I was thankful that I found someone who wanted me as a mate.