(10): Calling A Truce

Start from the beginning

"Woah" Kat chuckles just as shocked and I join her "We need help"

"By the way, Chels, Kyle was asking where you were" Nathan informs me and I raise a surprised brow "You should probably give him a call"

How cute. I think.

"Oh shit, I completely forgotten to tell him"
I chew on my lip guiltily. Normally I tell him when I'll be coming back late or I'll be sleeping over. "Can I borrow your phone? I kind of still don't have his numbers"

Nathan hands it to me.

"Uhm, so I need to rush to the store quickly" Kat announces nervously "Will you guys be okay?"

"For what, babe?" Nathan asks.

"I'll tell you when I'm back" And with that she leaves Nathan and I all alone. How freaking awkward.

I distract myself from a forced conversation with him by searching for Kyle's number on his contact list. Finally I find it and dial.

"Please tell me she's with your girl" Is the first thing he says when he answers. He must think he's speaking to Nathan.

I can't help but giggle "Yep. Here I am"

"Chelsea-Anne?" He asks, sounding confused.

"No, its Nathan's twin sister" I joke and I'm pretty sure he catches on "Anyways here I am, so yeah"

"Oh" He replies, his voice sounding deeper "Good"

We both stay silent for a while until I realize he isn't about to say anything else "Okay well bye now. See ya"

Then I hang up. Wowza phone calls with him are all kinds of awkward and uncomfortable.

"Thanks" I hand Nathan back his phone.

"Ice cream and movies" He notes looking around "Who's sad? You or Kat? I know girls do shit like that when they are"

I shrug "You would know if it Kat"

"So err you, then?" He asks awkwardly and I nod "Listen, I'm sorry about what I said about your boy. I shouldn't have said it in front of everyone and gotten you in your feels like that"

I wrap the blanket tighter around myself. I really didn't expect that from him "It's fine. He uhm, broke up with me. Kind of"

"Shit, sorry to hear that" He makes a 'yikes' face and I'm guessing he also didn't expect to hear that "Did he say why?"

"He just said we've both changed and aren't the people we were when we first started going out" I explain.

"Uhh sorry man" He says again, patting me awkwardly on the arm and I just laugh at him "So, you were right about Kat and I not being officially and shit. I'm gonna ask her out properly on Friday"

I can't help but grin. What? I love love. "Really? That's kind of sweet of you. She would really like that"

"You think?" He asks nervously. If I had any doubts that he really likes her, they have vanished. I know for sure he does now.

I nod "I know."

He smiles relieved "Okay good. I'm glad I told you because I honestly wasn't going to go through with it. I thought she was going to think I was being corny, knowing her"

Nathan is really not that bad, huh?

"I don't blame you" I chuckle "As much as I hate to admit it, you make her very happy and I don't see anyone else being 'official' with her, so yeah"