(8): Kristy's Cafe

Start from the beginning

"How do you expect her to even consider you as a serious boyfriend when she sees you with different girls all the time?" I ask "Maybe she doesn't even believe you like her"

He groans "This sucks. I hate having feelings"

I pat his shoulder "Join the club, brother. Noah and I are drifting apart, slowly but surely and I don't know what to do with myself"

"Why? What happened?" He asks alarmed.

"We just haven't been vibing since the semester started" I explain playing with the moist vanilla cupcake in my hand "He's been busy, I've ben getting agitated. It feels horrible really"

"Sorry to hear that" He says softly. "He seemed like a really cool guy. Although, I didn't miss the daggers he kept shooting me"

I chuckle awkwardly "He can be super possessive at times. Don't mind him"

"See? He loves you" He reassures "You guys will get through this"

"Hey suckers" Dee greets as her and her girlfriend walk in hand in hand and join us at our booth.

How awkward.

"Hey guys" I greet smiling.

"So you guys decided not to invite the rest of us?" Winnie teases accusingly.

Yeah cause we were discussing you.

"Next time" Nick teases back "So what were you guys doing here?"

"We were just going to buy muffins to go but then we see y'all" Dee replies and on cue, their muffins arrive.

"I didn't get the memo that everyone was here" Kat is the next to arrive and I breathe a relieved sigh that there's at least someone I know.

I felt a bit awkward because I've only known these other people for a week, so I guess I feel
better about seeing a very familiar face who happens to be my best friend.

"Feel very free to join us" Winnie chirps. I scoot over so she can sit next to me at the edge "What's your story? What were you doing here?"

"I needed a good cup of black coffee after what I just went through" She explains.

Mr Price?

"And what is that?" Nick asks curiously and we all nod to show we also want to know.

"Just an ex having some sort of a one-on-one conversation with me about our past and apologizing" She says expressionlessly "Boring really"

"He did?" I blurt.

I didn't mean to say it out loud because what if they all ask who we're talking about. That's going to be a very awkward conversation.

She doesn't seem to mind as she nods "Yep. And like I said: it was boring"

"Wait till Nathan hears about this" Dee smirks but she's just joking. Well kind of. "You know he really likes you and he'll flip if he hears you've been speaking to an ex"

So Dee, Winnie, Nathan, Nick and Kyle are as close as I expected. How else would she know how he would react? Which happens to be quite accurate. How long have they known each other?

"What happened?"

Oh shit. That is definitely Nathan's voice. Our side of the booth is directly opposite the entrance and in front of me I can see a flustered looking Nathan and a confused Kyle next to him. Dee, Winnie and Nick turn around, because theirs is facing away from the entrance, to see the two boys.

"Babe. Hi" Kat greets pretending everything is okay.

"What ex were you speaking to?" He demands impatiently. He scoots her over so he's sitting next to her and Kyle takes a seat next to Winnie on the opposite couch.