Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a week since me and Kyoka started dating and things have been going pretty smoothly actually. We haven't gone on an actual date yet, since school has been keeping us occupied but we both agreed that as soon as we got the chance to go on one, we'd take it.

YaoMomo has been as good of a friend as ever and the three of us have been hanging out exactly like before me and Kyoka were a thing. Well almost exactly.

There have been two major differences since the two of us started dating. The first one of course being the handholding, hugging, cuddling, kissing, and the general display of affection between me and Kyoka. Though of course, we take it down a notch when in the presence of friends, especially YaoMomo.

The second difference is Kaminari. The once essential part of our little friend group seemed the have started to avoid us, or maybe avoid me, because sometimes when YaoMomo and Kyoka are together or Kyoka is alone by herself I see them talking to each other.

Right now we were in class with Mr. Aizawa when he told us to choose pairs for a project, and I saw Kaminari immediately ask Kyoka if she wanted to pair up with him. She looked at me with an uncomfortable look on her face, as if to ask me what she should do.

I sighed and waved my hand back and forth, to tell her to do whatever she wants. She tells him "sure" and I end up teaming up with YaoMomo.

Lunch comes and the three of us sit down together, while Kaminari sits down with Bakugou, Kirishima and some others. I sigh and it doesn't go unnoticed by Kyoka. "(Y/N), is something bothering you?" she asked putting her hand on top of mine.

"Well, kind of. Kyoka, I think Kaminari has a crush on you" I said leaning back on my seat. "What? Nah, I don't think so. That and you did say you thought YaoMomo liked Todoroki so I'm not sure I trust your judgement when it comes to things like this" she said teasing me.

"Actually I think I agree with (Y/N) here" YaoMomo said, adding her opinion to the mix. "And that would explain how he's been acting recently, avoiding (Y/N), and even you and me if he's with us. That would also explain the passive aggressive attitude he's had towards (Y/N) for god know how long now"

"Wait you noticed that too!? I thought I was just imagining it!". We all collectively sighed and slumped in our seats. "So is there something, anything we should do?" Kyoka asked blushing. She was already surprised when I said that I liked her so learning that there were not one, but two guys that had a crush on her was probably really surprising for her.

"We do nothing" I say with my arms crossed. "Come on (L/N), you could at least try to be a little bit more considerate for him right ?" the vice-president said looking at me with pleading eyes. "Look YaoMomo, I'm sorry but not everyone is like you. We've already seen that Kaminari is not going to calmly sit down with me and talk it over, he's had a bad attitude towards me even since before me and Kyoka started dating remember?"

"Couldn't you at least try being his friend? Please (Y/N). For me" Kyoka said squeezing my hand. It seems like she really appreciated their friendship. Sigh "Ok I'll try. But if he's gonna be an asshole to me I'll answer fire with fire, got it?" I said looking at her sternly and she nodded with a smile on her face.

The bell rang, and so the students all returned to their classrooms. When we arrived we were told by All Might to change into our P.E. clothes and head to one of the training facilities.

As I'm getting into my clothes I see Kaminari constantly glancing at me, which made me kind of uncomfortable and get dressed as fast as possible. I stand next to Kyoka where we were told to go, and find All Might standing in front of a decently sized blue mat, set neatly on top of the room's stone floor.