I smiled to myself. It was hard to think that just a few moments ago I was all about hating his ass. But now here I was, squeezing the Green Ninja closer to me, as if we could never get close enough.

<><><>

Turns out, I had to wear something fancy. And I had to find a mask. And a fancy mask. I had to have a fancy everything, I guess. I didn't feel like telling Nya because 1) it would have been one of those cheesy rom-coms where the teens put on music and the best friend helps the other friend get ready, and when the girl finally arrives to wherever she is going the guy is all like wow you look good and 2) I just couldn't bring myself into telling her so soon.

I mean, what if something happened between me and Lloyd? What if we just decided this life wasn't for us and we just...ended? I guess I just planned on letting the cards fall where they may.

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I was still in my room. Lloyd and I had gone to see a movie, of course there were a lot of girls , (even a few boys) there who were chasing him around. But I'm not gonna lie, it was actually kind of fun and romantic. We had spent about an hour running away from overbearing fans, then we went to go eat out at some fancy restaurant; then Lloyd dropped me off at my house so I could pick up some stuff for the dance and in all honesty, I was so very tired.

But nonetheless I still wanted to go to the masquerade ball with Lloyd. I brushed down my dress in front of the mirror. It was red and long, hugging my body tightly and falling past my toes. I was wearing black heels and I wasn't so sure I'd be able to dance in. I breathed in, running my hands along the smooth velvet fabric of the red dress.

It was sleeveless and hung from my shoulders. I had styled my hair up into a fancy bun, and I could say for once I felt pretty. I glanced out the window. The moon was rising, the stars along it's side. My hands shook with a nervousness that I couldn't explain. My head spun with the fact that this was all becoming a quick reality and it could all be gone from my arms in a single snap. Not a Thanos reference.

I laughed at my own sarcasm. My soft chuckle seemed to have summoned the knock that came to my door next.

"It's open," I said happily, already knowing who it was.

Well, I thought I did, at least.

"Dinners ready bro-chahco- oh...,"

"Kai?!"

His face remained blank as his eyes skimmed over his body.

"Hey! My eyes are up here red!" I snapped.

He laughed. "It's just dinner, dude. What's the occasion?"

"N-nothing!" I managed to sputter out.

"Okay then," He laughed and waltzed away, cracking his knuckles.

I looked back at myself in the mirror, my face flushed red. I was so embarrassed! I slipped my mask on and tied the two strings behind my hair, knotting it tightly.

Another knock sounded on my door. I jumped, still on edge from Kai's visit. "What?" I called out, annoyed.

The doorknob twisted and Lloyd entered. I instantly became more red.

"Oh gosh," I said, "I'm sorry that was uncalled for, I was, uh. Kai came in and I was just-"

"You look beautiful." Lloyd stated simply.

"What?"

"You look beautiful."

Sure, I thought I look good tonight, but I never thought I looked beautiful. I was startled because no one had called me that for so long.

"Th-thanks," I smiled.

"You ready to go?"

"Mhm." He was wearing a green tuxedo (a nice one, not a gross one) and a lime green mask that swirled around his eyes.

The rest of the ninja were laughing in the dining room, eating peacefully. Lloyd summoned his dragon and I hopped on behind him, wrapping my arms around him. That's when we set off.

When we arrived at the party, there was a line of people outside, waiting to get in. We waited in the line for a little bit until we came to the security guard at the entrance.

He asked us for our name. Lloyd's eyes zipped to the sheet, scanning it quickly before the security guard could notice.

"Jaune Williams and my wife, Ruby." Lloyd said coolly.

If felt strange to be called his wife, but a part of me didn't mind. The man checked off our names and we headed right in, grinning towards one another. I smiled as we stepped onto the dance floor, the romantic and classical music filling my ears. "Shall we?" Lloyd offered his arm and I gladly took it. I let him lead me to the center of the room. He spun me around to the soft beat of the music, allowing me to sink into my surroundings.

He touched our foreheads together. His hand found my waist, the other my hand. We twirled for what felt like the best forever...ever.

The orchestra played softly, and it felt like they were playing just for us. Lloyd kissed me softly and everything else just seemed to fade away. It was just me, him and the music.

"Lloyd!?"

We pulled away at the girl's shriek. She stood there, arms crossed with her brown hair tied up in a bun. She tapped her foot angrily.

"Laura?" Lloyd said, startled.

"Who is that?" She snapped, looking at me.

"My girlfriend, thank you very much." He said. My stomach flipped with giddiness when he called me that.

"Who's that?" I asked, looking at the girl. Lloyd sighed and pulled me away for a second.

"That's, um...She's-"

"Let me guess," I said, prying myself out of his arms. "Your nasty little ex girlfriend?"

His silence gave me everything I had to know.