Mothers and murders

"Are we running a marathon?"

Matt asked breathlessly while he was trying to keep up with Elena and Alice.

"Can't keep up, Matty boy?"

The short girl teased her friend with a smirk on her face, but he wasn't in a mood for her comments.

Rude.

"Elena, you can't out run your problems."

That made the doppelgänger run even faster and Alice joined her.

"But it looks like she is going to try..."

The strawberry blonde muttered under her breath.

"I talked to Bonnie!"

The brunette immediately stopped running. Elena felt bad for what happened to Bonnie's mother.

She should be there for Bonnie now, but her guilt was taking a toll on her. If she hadn't gone with Elijah, Damon and Stefan wouldn't had to save her and Bonnie's mum would still be alive.

Now it was on the Abby to decide if she wants to live, but as dead, blood sucking immortal, or she will die and Bonnie will be devestated.

Hopefully, Abby will choose Bonnie's happiness. That girl deserves happiness, even if she isn't used to it.

However, Matt's yelling didn't stop Alice. She was feeling bad for her witchy friend. And because she was feeling bad, she would try to avoid talking about it as much as possible.

The strawberry blonde gir was that type of person who runs from her problems.

"See ya later, mortals!"

Alice shouted and jogged away from her running crew. As she was getting further, she heard faint voice of Elena.

"She decided to become a vampire."

Well then, good for Bonnie.

Just as Alice got in front of her house, she saw someone who she, judging by her reaction, did not expect to see. She wasn't supposed to be here for at least two more years.

"Mum?"

•••
Stefan was sitting in a chair with his eyes closed. He was trying to think about what to write in his diary. The only thing that was breaking peaceful silence was tapping his pen on the table.

And then he heard footsteps.

"A chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me, forever. "

Damon was leaning on the doorframe and smirking at his little brother. The broody vampire stood up and quickly put his diary on the bookshlef.

"What do you want?"

"I was hoping we could hang. You know, little brother bonding. And I know we don't actually 'hang out'. We team up, we join forces, activate our wonder twin powers..."

Stefan was already annoyed with this conversation.

"What are you doing?"

Damon get to his bookshelves and started looking through some diaries.

"Digging up some clues. Most of the Originals are gone, but now we have a 'who done it' in town. Hey, you really came back from Zachariah's funeral?"

"Vaguely. Why?"

"If my memory serves, he wasn't the first founders council member killed that year. Or even that month."

Stefan cut straight to the case.