It's complicated

"You like horses?"

Alice heard Klaus ask her as he came closer.

She stood next to the white horse, outside the mansion. Soft wind was blowing and it was cold, but she didn't mind. She enjoyed the cold air.

Alice didn't even bother turning around to look at Klaus.

"Why did you invite me here?"

"Do you always answer the question with question?"

"Are you always so annoying?"

Klaus looked at her amused. Only she dared to speak to him in such way and it made him like her even more.

"I fancy you. Is that so hard to belive?"

She immediately turned around and raised her eyebrows in suprise.

"Yes!"

Klaus fully faced her.
Alice was wondering why would he, of all people on this planet, like her. He must be joking. There was nothing special about her.

"Why? You're beautiful. You- you're strong. You're full of light... I enjoy you."

He explaines softly with hidden adoration in his eyes.
Confusion was written all over strawberry blonde's face. Her lips were parted in shook.

"All I've done is insult you! How could you even say that?"

Klaus opened his mouth to answer her, but she stopped him by putting her point finger to his lips to shut him up. He tensed, but that went unnoticable by Alice.

"And, I'm spoken for. By Tyler."

She let her hand fall down and allowed him to speak.

"I thought you two ended things."

Klaus mused and Alice instantly became furious. Chains on her mood swings just broke. It would be best for him just to run.

"Yeah, because of you!"

He smirked at Alice and then she realised what she said.

"And your freaky sire bond with him!"

Alice quickly added and turned away from the hybrid. She was pissed at him. Alice took a deep breath trying to calm herself.

If it wasn't for Klaus, Tyler wouldn't have to break every bone in his body and suffer that kind of pain just to break the stupid bond.

"So, you aren't spoken for."

Klaus stated and the girl tensed. She stayed silent so he took that as answer. He looked with the answer. Alice slowly turned around and looked at the beautiful horse in front of her. She was too pissed at Klaus to even look at him.

"You know, horses are the opposite of people. They are loyal. My father hunted me for a thousand years and the closest he ever came was the day he killed my favourite horse."

She listened to him carefully. Alice almost felt regret for all the bad things she said to him. Key word: Almost.

"He served his neck with a sword as a warning."

Alice schrunched her eyebrows while trying not to picture that awful scene in her head.

"I guess you couldn't just try sitting down with your father and talking it out?"

"I'm afraid my relationship with my father was a little more complexed than yours."

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Probably. My relationship with my dad was great."

She looked at the sky as she remembered her family and all her friends she left at home.