"You know neither of them would ever intentionally hurt anyone," Steve argued. Tony shrugged.

"We know Wanda wouldn't, but what about Keight?" Tony looked away from Steve to something behind him. "Speak of the devil, here she is."

Steve turned and saw Keight, her hands cased in metal and crossed around her with metal chains. She was wearing some business clothes, but on her feet were her regular Doc Martens, scuffed and worn but still useful. She licked her bottom lip, which was swollen and split.

"Guys, come on. I thought we agreed no violence," Tony said, throwing up his hands. Keight smirked.

"I started it. You should see the other guy," she said, winking. Tony shooed the guards away and they left reluctantly, standing outside the door a few metres away.

"What is this? Why is she restrained?" Steve said harshly, staring at Tony.

"Oh, you like my new accessories? Yeah, Bruce and Tony made them a few years back. Without my knowledge, of course. They also made some prototype Toxin-proof armour, which, by the way, ended up in HYDRA's hands. So that was really helpful, thanks," she spat, her eyes narrowed and bright.

"Why would you need to make these?" Steve asked, while Tony looked at Keight, not an ounce of guilt in his eyes.

"Just in case I go crazy and want to kill everyone. Or, as Mr Ross put it, 'in event of a mental breakdown or otherwise violent incident that may endanger herself or others'," Keight rolled her eyes, her muscles straining against her restraints.

"This is-why would you do this?" Steve exclaimed.

"It was necessary at the time," Tony said blankly.

"Necessary! You had no right-"

"That is not what we should be discussing!" Tony burst out, spinning around. Keight blinked, her face dropping.

"And what should we be discussing Tony? Is there something more important?" Steve demanded.

"There is, actually. I was talking earlier with His Highness. He has a lot of interesting things to say. Especially about, this one," he pointed at Keight, who swallowed nervously. Steve sat back, curious and suspicious of what was to come.

"And what did he tell you, Tony?" Keight asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, a lot? I don't know it seems like a lot because, it's crazy, really, but I don't think I know you anymore Keight. And that's not even your name, right? It's like, an alias," Tony rattled, his eyes cold and staring at Keight. Gone was her strong demeanour, and now her shoulders slumped, her lips trembled, and her eyes shone less bright than before.

"Tony, please," she whispered, her hair falling over her face and with no hands to push it out of the way it stayed there, like a mask.

"Your father was called, Daniel Walsh, am I right? And he was a SHIELD agent who abandoned the agency to run away with some Asgardian woman, Brunnhilde? Am I saying that right?" Tony said sarcastically. Keight had nothing more to say, but Steve could feel the anger slowly bubbling up inside his chest.

"You see, Cap, that this isn't the story she told us. Hers was a sob story lie, and we all fell for it! Even me, who has more than a few trust issues," he scowled at her.

"Now, what happened next? Oh, yes, that's right. They ran away to Wakanda for safety. And who do they befriend? None other than King T'Chaka himself," Tony tapped the glass wall, and a projection of the King appeared. Keight looked down, her ears red and biting her lip.

"Long story short, their house gets set on fire, Daniel dies and Brunnhilde goes off planet, abandoning her week old child and leaving her with who?" Tony directed the question at Keight, who opened her mouth and closed it again, not saying anything. Steve just stared at her, betrayal and hurt filling his mind. She had lied to them? all this time she wasn't who she said she was, and the pain of it hit him like a bullet.