Jennie: What's best for me, is for us to stop whatever this is. We're clearly not how we used to be. Let's end it here Jongin.

Kai shakes his head in defiance, and his grip tightens around Jennie's wrist.

Kai: We can't end it Jennie. I promise I'll change. I swear to you that I'll never see her again. I'll listen to you from now on. Don't leave me.

A few tears slipped from Jennie's eyes at his words. No matter how hard she tried, she could never bring herself to stay mad at Jongin.

He was her first crush, her first love, her first kiss, her everything.

Kai moves his hand and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear as his eyes soften a bit more.

Kai: I promise that this will be the last time alright? I won't do it again. I love you and only you.

Tears streamed down Jennie's red cheeks as she found herself caught up in her boyfriend's vulnerable eyes. She hated herself for being so weak, so forgiving.

Kai grabbed Jennie's face as he leans in and kissed her forehead. His demeanor wasn't as furious as it had been just a few moments ago. Right now he was the person who she had fallen in love with.

Kai: Please Jennie. I can't live without you. Please don't leave me behind like how my parents left me. If you leave, I'll be all alone again. I can't live without you Jen. Please, just stay. I promise, I'll do better.

After gazing deeply into Kai's eyes, Jennie felt the walls she had built up crumble down as she releases a defeated sigh.

Jennie: Okay.

The whisper of an answer soft and drained, but it was all it took to put a smile on Kai's face.

Kai: I love you Jennie.

Jennie hesitated for a moment before replying to the boy in front of her.

Jennie: I love you too Jongin.

•••

Jennie woke up from her dream. Tears were streaming down her face as she raises her hands to wipe them away.

After all these years she was still having these dreams.

Shaking away her thoughts, she turned to look at the clock on her nightstand.

'2:30 am'

Releasing a tired sigh, Jennie reaches over to turn on her lamp, knowing that she won't be able to fall asleep again.

She gets out of bed and headed towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

The brunette was drinking her water when Lisa's voice echoed within the house.

Lisa: You can't sleep again?

Jennie thought about lying to her, but she knew that lying to her best friend would be useless. Lisa always seemed to figure out whenever she was lying.