Drunk Jace

Hi, can't believe this is already my fourth oneshot! Anyway, I want to thank the person who comes up with the subjects of my oneshots, Julie. I've known her for nearly a week and I can't believe what a wonderful person she is and how much she has helped me since then. So, Julie, if you're reading this, thankyou, for you're great ideas and for the wonderful person that you are.

~AlwaysAShadowhunter

Clary's POV

*BUZZ* *BUZZ* *BUZZ*

I woke up to my phone ringing, I take a glance at my clock to check the time. It's 2:30 AM. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said, my voice groggy from sleep.

"Clary, thank god, you're awake." I heard Isabelle saying with a voice filled with relief.

"Well, I wasn't until you called me. You better have a damn good reason to call me at this ungodly hour, 'cause I swear to the angel I'll-"

But she cut me off before I could even finish my sentence.

"It's Jace." she paused. "What's wrong, did something happen?" I ask, suddenly wide awake.

"No... Yes... Not really... Just come over, please?" she asked. "Okay" I said, before hanging up my phone.

I rushed over to my closet to get some clothes, I grabbed a random pants and sweater. I change clothes in a record time, before getting in my sneakers and running out the door. The air is chilly bet I hardly notice. All I can think about is the fastest way to the institute.

At the institute

Once I arrived, I rushed over to the elevator. Once the elevatordoors open, I see Isabelle standing there.

"What's wrong with Jace?" I immediatly asked, wile stepping in the elevator.

"Well, we had a little party in the library.. And then I came up with some vodka.. And Jace had a little too much vodka.. And now he's really wasted and nobody can really get something done from him, so we decided to call you." She said.

"And you think he'll listen to me?" I said. "Of course he will! He really loves you, you know. You could ask him to cut his leg off for you, and he'd do it without a question." she said matter-of-factly.

"I'm not so sure about that." I said, I could hardly imagine Jace actually doing that. "Of course you're not. He doesn't show it too much, you know he isn't a open person." I nodded, knowing how Jace was.

"But when he's with you, though..." She started, but stopped, as if she said too much. "What when he's with me?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, he's different. A good different, though, a very good different. I've known Jace since we were 10, and he never opened up, never seemed happy. He had some deep trust issues, probably still has them. And then you came around, and it was better, he lightened up. Then he thought he was your brother, it got even worse than before. But now, he seems happy, really, really happy. Me and Alec, we've never seen Jace so happy before. You wouldn't know, because you didn't know him 7 years ago. But you really are a huge part of his world, if not all. He loves you, Clary, and you're the only person who has such a big influence on him." She finished.

My cheeks were red, even more red than my hair. Of course I knew Jace loved me, as much as I loved him. But still, hearing Isabelle say all these things, I couldn't quite believe it. Then the lift door opened.

I saw Jace, shirtless, dancing through the hall. Or, more like stumbling through the hall. Then he turned and saw us.

"CLARY! I MISSED YOU! COME HE-" And then he falled, face first, against the ground. I took a really great effort not to laugh, 'cause the sight was quite hilarious.

"Jace, you're drunk" I said, trying to hide my amusement

"I'm not dru-, oh I'm dizzy. You know what's fun? VODKA!" he paused, then continued, "Okay, maybe I'm a little drunk."

I laughed, "I'm not so sure about little. C'mon, let's get you to bed." 

I walked to Jace, pulling him up by his arm. He put his arm over my shoulder and leaned heavily on me. We started walking, which was absolute hell; I couldn't feel my shoulder and Jace kept bumping into me, and finally got to his room.

He pulled his shirt off, revealing his tanned torso. When he finally got into bed, I attempted to get out of the room. But I was stopped by Jace saying, or more like slurring his words out.

"Don't. Even. Think. About. Leaving." I turned around, and saw him holding up his blankets, gesturing me to join him. I wanted to refuse, an argument already formed on my tongue, when I realised that a) There was no arguing with Jace, not even if he was drunk. And b) I didn't want to refuse.

With a sigh, I took his T-shirt and quickly changed in the bathroom. I had expected him to be dozed off by the time I got back, considering how drunk he was. But when I came out of the bathroom, he still appeared to be wide awake. I got under the covers.

"Goodnight, Jace." I said, before snuggling into him.

"Not so fast, I need to tell you something." He said. I was really surprised, what on earth could Jace still have to say, a drunk Jace, not to mention. I sat up and looked at him expectantly.

"I really love you, you know." he said. I smiled, "I know that, Jace" I said before quickly pecking his lips.

"No, you don't. Or maybe you do. But you have no clue how much I love you. Before you got into my life.. My life was so sad. It really sucked. I was living with the thought that I would eventually die while killing demons. And although that'll probably happen, it was more likely to happen back then. I was litterly searching for demons, looking death in the eyes each and every time. And then you came, and everything changed. I didn't want to search demons and kill them each second of the day. I wanted to be with you, to protect you. I am so happy I found you, Clary. I wouldn't know what I would do without you. I am so lucky to have you. And I know that you don't believe that you're beautiful, or smart, or funny, or strong. But I know you are. My biggest fear is that you'll leave me, it breaks my heart to even think about it. I love you, and I will always love you."

He stopped, I had started crying after the first few words, tears running silently over my cheecks. He reached up and wiped them from my face.

"I love you too, Jace. I always have and I always will." I said, I bent over and kissed him silently, before returning to my original position and drifting off to sleep.