Clary gets jealous over one of jace's exes

Clary's POV

Jace and I went to Pandemonium, and it was really quiet, for pandemonium.

Probably because it was  a mondaynight, but still, demons didn't have to go to school. I stood at the bar with Jace by my side.

"It's weird, huh? No demons at pandemonium tonight." he said, his voice with just an edge of concern. "Are you worried?" I asked, taking over his concern

"No, just wondering were they are." he said while looking over the crowd. "Well, we probably should stay here untill we see some of the-" But I never got to finish my sentence.

Jace's eyes grew wide, as a wide smirk appeared on his face. I was just about to ask him what he saw, but he went into the crowd immediately. What could it be? No demon for sure, Jace liked killing demons but he wouldn't actually smirk when he saw one.

I stood on my tiptoes to watch over the crowd. There he was... With another girl. My heart shrank to my knees. She was definitly no shadowhunter, you could tell that by the lack of runes and scars. But she was beautiful, absolutely stunning. She was tall, not as tall as Jace, but a whole lot taller than me. She had straight dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes, just a shade darker than alec's, and her face had the most perfect form she had ever seen. Clary could tell that, even at the distance she stood from the girl, she was way more confident than she was. She wore clothes just like they were her second skin, even tighter and shorter as Isabelle's. And Clary was sure it took some kind of spell to not let her boobs spill out of her dress. Clary saw the girl, apparently, making a joke, 'cause moment later she saw Jace's head fall back from laughter.

She couldn't stand it any longer. She turned to the bartender and asked her, "You remember that boy that was with me?" When she nodded she said, "If he returns and asks if you know where I am, could you tell him that I went to the institute?" "Which one, sweetie?" she asked kindly. She must've thought that by institute, I meant some kind of school or asylum. "Just say institute, he'll know where I am." I said to her as I faked a small smile. "Sure." She said with a warm smile. I quickly thanked her before grabbing my cote and running out.

At the institute

I entered the institute and went straight upstairs. There was nobody home; Robert and Maryse were in Idris for Clave bussiness, Alec was with Magnus, and Isabelle with Simon.

I walked through the hall before stopping at Jace's room, wanting to enter out of habit. But then I remembered the girl again and headed towards my room.

My mum finally allowed me to move into the institute, under the condition that I would have my own room, instead of sharing one with Jace. I mostly spent my night in his room, but it comes in handy to have my own. I quickly put an old t-shirt on and got in the bed. The moment the hardly used blankets touch me, it gets too much, and I start crying.

I know I don't have a reason yet, but I can't help it. I should talk to Jace first, maybe she's an old friend or something. But she's so beautiful, she's a total match for him. They would fit together perfectly, way better than I fit with him. I knew it was gonna happen someday, it was too good to be true, me having a gorgeous boyfriend who loved me. I know he loves me, or loved. And I knew it was going to hurt me, big time. After all, to love is to destroy. And with that, i fell asleep, still silently sobbing.

An hour later

I woke up to someone shaking me softly. "Clary.. Wake up.." I heard a familiar voice whisper. I opened my eyes and saw Jace sitting on the side of my bed.

"Why did you leave? And why aren't you in our room?" He asked quietly. Our room, the words echoed in my head.

"Hey, shhh... Why are you crying?" he asked. I brought a hand to my face and indeed, I was crying. I decided to just get it over with, what needs to be done shall be done.

"I-... I thought you would need some space in your bed." I said quietly, looking down. "Why would I need space?" He asked, he hadn't got a clue why I was upset. "In case you brought someone with you." I said, even more quietly

He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "Why and who would I bring to our bedroom?" He asked, looking confused. I shrugged, "A tall, beautiful, brunette maybe?" 

Realization hit him and he started laughing. I shook myself out of his arms and turned around, shutting my eyes as close as I could. I felt two arms wrapping around my waist and his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Are you jealous, Clary?" He asked, clearly trying to hide his amusement, but failing dubiously.

I turned around, facing him. "Why wouldn't I be? She's tall, and beautiful and funny and everything i'm not. How could I not be jealous, you clearly knew her. You just left there, at the bar. So I came home, gave you some space."

"Clary, her name is Charlotte, she's an old ex of mine. Well, not really an ex. We were both really young, at the age that holding hands is just as intimite as sex. You could say we were rather best friends, and I would never ever date her again." He said, looking me straight in the eye, making sure that I was listening. "Oh.." was all I managed to say.

"And now, about she being everything you're not.." He began to say, but I cut him off. "Jace, listen, just forget it, it's really no big deal-" I began to say, but cut me off. "No, you listen. You are way more beautiful than every girl on this planet, And the funniest person I have ever met. and about not being tall, that's one of the things that I love about you the most. So, Clary, don't you ever dare to think that you're not worthy enough for anything." He said.

A tear escaped from my eye, and leaned over to kiss it away. "You're my Clary and I will never stop loving you." He whispered. "I love you too." I breathed.

He then faced me again and put his lips on mine, it was a gentle kiss. I threw my arms around his neck, my hands tugging his golden locks, deepening the kiss. He groaned before licking my bottom lip, asking for entrance which I quickly accepted. I opened my mouth and his tongue slipped through, battling mine for dominance, but, as always he won. We both pulled away for breath, and I laid my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"You know, no matter how hard you'll try, you'll never be able to get rid of me. Guess you're stuck with me." He said.

I smiled, "I wouldn't want it any other way."

He kissed me cheeck and we both fell asleep, happy to be with each other.