A Scandal in 221B Baker Street

For my friend, Blessie—a Sherlockian too. Update is not fixed. I only write this out of boredom, and I seriously wait for the new Sherlock series—this is the result. I will constantly update my other stories though, LOTS and ZION.

I sigh when I glance at my wristwatch, it’s already 8:00 o’clock in the evening. My best friend sure is very late. Sometimes I don’t know if he values our friendship, he is not really vocal about it. In fact, I don’t know what it means to be friends with him at all. If you are in my shoes, although sometimes I don’t wear one, I bet you would not even want to know.

Do you know Mr. SHERLOCK HOLMES? Yes, I think you do. He’s the person whose genius brain I want to twist and turn, and see what’s really inside, maybe I can find the logic in there why he is not coming at this very moment.

“He’s not coming, is he?” Mary asks me, I see that she’s starting to get worried. Of course she will, we’ve been waiting for almost two hours! Seriously Sherlock, where is your brain right now?

I look at her lovely face just sitting across the table, she gulps before she brings the cup of wine into her lips, those lovely lips. I sigh again. I have made her wait too long.

“He will come, Mary.” I tell her. I’m actually amazed at my endurance level when it comes to Sherlock Holmes. I don’t have faith in him, but I have faith in myself that I can endure him, our friendship, till the end of times. Well, if I can’t endure Sherlock Holmes, who will? He’s a pitiful genius at his age.

“I think he doesn’t approve of me, John.” Mary says momentarily. I look at her in anxiousness, she can’t be thinking that!

“It’s not like that Mary.” I say to her, and I don’t want to see my face right now. “Sherlock is always late.”

“He’s never late on his cases though.”

“That’s his life.”

“And are you not part of his life?” She asks me, and I blink my eyes in return. It made me speechless for a moment. I’m contemplating.

“I think I better call his phone.” I say as I take out my mobile device from my pants pocket. It’s iPhone 6. I bought it from the money we got from Sherlock’s previous case.

“He didn’t reply to your messages. He won’t answer either.” She says. “Look, we’re almost done with our dinner. He won’t be coming.”

I just shrug my shoulders at her, hoping for a good response. His phone rings and he answers my call only after the tenth ring. Seriously Sherlock, get a life!

“Sherlock?” I start. Mary rolls her eyes at me, and she’s starting to get impatient.

“Oh, hello John.” He answers on the other line.

I sigh deeply. He’s getting on my nerves now.

“Mary and I have been waiting for you. Where in the London places are you right now?” I tell him, trying to control my voice.

“I’m at 221B Baker Street, in our flat. Oh yes, I know, how’s Mary?”

“Sherlock.”

“Well, how are you too, John?”

“Sherlock!” I yell at the phone, couples in the neighboring seats look at me and I suddenly feel embarrassed, not for myself, but for Mary.

“Did you just shout at me, John?” He says. “Sorry, couldn’t hear it right, Mrs. Hudson is having a tantrum downstairs.”

“Oh, you notice? I hope you did.” I reply. “You promised me, Sherlock, you promised to come.”

“I really want to, John.”