Chapter 4

Comment and Vote! :)

Miley's POV

It was just past noon when I woke up. I cursed to myself realizing that the bizarre night before wasn't some sort of intricate dream. I reached to the ceiling stretching out my back. Only a thin t-shirt that I found in the dresser was covering my body.

My stomach rumbled bringing to my attention that I hadn't eaten in almost a whole day.  

I stumbled out of bed combing through the dresser for some sort of bottoms. I slid a pair of boxers on before quietly walking to the door. I pressed my ear up against it as if it was going to actually help me hear something. 

When I was certain that there was no one in the hallway I slowly opened the door and tip toed down the stairs. Trying to find the kitchen in this massive house was going to be a challenge. 

I managed to make it to the kitchen without being seen by Luca or any of his men. I pried through the cabinets wanting something to snack on. Something on the top shelf caught my attention so I reached up to grab it, the hemline of my shirt rising to expose my lower stomach. 

"Well isn't this a lovely sight."

I jumped at the sound of Luca's velvety voice. My arms fell to my sides as I turned around to meet Luca's smoldering eyes. He was in a plain white t-shirt and running shorts, but he was damn sexy. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized, embarrassed that I was wearing his clothes while digging through his food. 

"No need to apologize Sweetheart," Luca smirked, walking around the island and towards me. "Those clothes look better on you than they ever would on me anyways."

His eyes slowly raked up my body. His lack of modesty was something that came as a shock to me, but his eyes set my body on fire. 

"Proceed," he teased, pointing towards the box of cereal I was reaching for. He leaned against the kitchen counter as he watched my every move. I turned back towards the cabinet, but I could still sense the intensity of his stare. 

I reached back up, lifting onto my toes so that I could gain the height necessary to grab it. I could feel my shirt riding up again, but my sole focus was getting the box of cereal. 

"What the fuck is that?" Luca growled, grabbing a fistful of my shirt. His change in mood had me confused, and quite honestly, terrified. I looked down to where he was gawking. A nasty purple bruise spread across the area of my ribcage. 

"It's nothing," I responded, trying to pull away from his constraint. 

"The hell it is," he growled. His eyes were growing darker and darker. I could feel myself shrinking back in angst. 

"I ran into a car door a couple of days ago," I lied. 

The truth was that my father didn't like something I had said to a client. His fury overtook him as he slammed my body into the side of our kitchen counter. The corner of the counter caused that excruciating bruise along with a string of derogatory curses. 

"Don't lie to me, Miley," Luca's tone was harsh. I ripped the shirt from his grip and took a few steps back. 

"Why do you care anyways?" I bit back. My sudden lapse of courage took both of us by surprise. "You're just going to send me back to him."

"Him as in your father?" Luca questioned, but he already knew the answer. His body language shifted. It seemed like he went from being furious to indifferent. 

"I'm not hungry anymore," I spoke quietly, pushing past him to head back up to the bedroom I was staying in. 

** Luca's POV **

I still hadn't moved from where I was standing in the kitchen by the time I heard her slam the door upstairs. My fists were clenched so tightly that my knuckles had turned white. 

He hurts her. He fucking lays his filthy hand on this angel of a woman. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, letting out a huff. The sum that her father owed me was significant, but the thought of sending her back to him had my stomach in knots. 

The buzzing of my phone snapped me out of my angry haze. Moretti's name lit up the screen. Speak of the devil.

"Moretti," I answered the phone.

"Romano" I could hear the bitterness in his voice. "You have something of mine." I cringed at his words. 

"You have something of mine," I responded. 

"I'm afraid I can't provide what you're asking for," he taunted. 

"Bullshit," I spat. 

"Funds have been a little tight recently," Moretti exclaimed.

"Then I guess I'm going to have to hold onto Miley for a little longer," I bit back. 

"I'll get her back," Moretti asserted. "She may be a pain in my ass, but she's good for business." I snorted. 

"Get me the money by 5pm tomorrow or I'll make sure she'll never attend another business function of yours again. I hope you're ready to never see your precious daughter again."

I angrily hung up the call, hoping that my threat would motivate him to wire over the funds. I turned around to see Miley standing there wide-eyed. Her hands covered her mouth that was dropped wide open. 

"Miley," I pleaded. She was unnerved. 

She backed away slowly, her frightened eyes glued on mine. After a few steps backward she turned around and sprinted toward the front door. I ran after her, slamming the door that she had gotten slightly opened. 

My body towered over hers. I had her trapped between the door and me. 

"Please don't hurt me," she begged. A single tear fell from her eye. She was shaking. This woman was absolutely terrified of me. 

I reached up to her face, gently brushing the tear away. My action made her flinch. 

"I won't hurt you sweetheart," I whispered. I was telling the truth, and she knew it.  

A/N--

Comment parts that you like! I just finished up with finals so updates will happen more frequently! Thanks for reading.